GT2/GT3 timing pulleys supplier

Thread: GT2/GT3 timing pulleys supplier

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default GT2/GT3 timing pulleys supplier

In my application I need six GT2/GT3 aluminum timing pulleys with tapered bushings. The three smaller ones must come from stock (cost issues) the bigger ones must be made to order. I will use Gates PowerGrip GT3 540 3MGT 9; GT3 600 3MGT 15 and GT3 850 5MGT 25 timing belts. I need quality suppliers for the synchronous sprockets. Here is where I went so far:

SDP/SI doesn't have what I want.

I have a quotation request on CMT (www.cmtco.com). Their Concentric Maxi Torque bushing system is fantastic. It allows the biggest shafts on small sprockets I have ever seen. They have the smaller sprockets on stock.

I have a quotation request on Walther Flender (www.walther-flender.de). I had to provide detailed drawings for all the sprockets. No stock whatsoever. All sprockets made to order.

The month of August is terrible. Vacations time everywhere and my dead lines are approaching. Can anyone be so kind to point me alternative suppliers. I'm afraid CMT might not have delivery times compatible with my project.

Thanks in advance for all your cooperation.

Regards

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looking at my catalogue from common drives, such as T, AT, HTD and L, I saw you moved somewhat in the direction of the unobtainables. Google learned that GT is a proprieetary design of Gates ...sold through Gates approved dealers...., then Google "GT2 Gates Europe" gave this:
    http://www.gates.com/Europe/brochure...cation_id=3628
    They are in Spain. Hope this helps.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gates is a belt supplier. Pulleys generally come from third party quality suppliers. When space saving and backlash is an issue there is no mach for Gates GT3 belt design. My project is a robot loading application. It includes a circular storage drum (600mm diam) that must index 20 radial positions (72Nm - 12,5rpm). The motor is a Siemens 1FK7022 (0,6Nm - 6000rpm) geared down with a 3 stage belt drive (ratio 120:1). GT3 belt design allows me to use 3mm pitch on the first two stages and 5mm on the last one, it's a neat and compact design. In the event of a power failure the mechanical motor brake induces a braking torque of 132Nm on the storage drum. All the standards you mentioned come up with a bigger and more expensive coupling. An anti-backlash worm gear for these torque values would not be cost effective.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Comparative performance ratings in Watts (source: manufacturers own catalogues)

Atlanta HTD 3M timing belt (width = 9mm; 28 teeth small pulley) @ 1000rpm => 146W
    Gates PowerGrip GT3 3M timing belt (width = 9mm; 28 teeth small pulley) @ 1000rpm => 387W

Atlanta HTD 5M timing belt (width = 9mm; 28 teeth small pulley) @ 1000rpm => 483W
    Gates PowerGrip GT3 5M timing belt (width = 9mm; 28 teeth small pulley) @ 1000rpm => 787W

The numbers speak for themselves...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am not critisizing your choice nor your power calculations. It's only that you now have a good design.. on paper. If the pulleys have to be made on order, because of non-catalogue number of teeth or being non-stock you have a problem. Small numbers are last served and expensive. A design should also be based (and if needed compromised) on availability of the needed parts. Good luck.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks fkaCarel for your input. Didn't take as criticism. Just opening to everyone the reason of my choice, that's what this forum is all about. Half of the pulleys (Number of teeth >= 136) would have to be made to order whatever the standard. SDP/SI offers a GT2 5M aluminum pulley (28 grooves, 9mm width) for $13,70 USD (I just would like to dodge set screws and Fairloc collars).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

A couple of years ago I was going to use some CMT pulleys. As I recall, they quoted a lead time of at least a couple of weeks. I've had samples - they are beautifully made.

Maybe these guys have something: http://www.talonbearing.com/power_tr...m#roller_chain

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

CMT quoted yesterday the 6 standard pulleys to $3,200 USD. They don't have anything in stock. Everything is made to order.

I converted the project to Gates HTD and ordered today all the 6 pulleys, taper bushes and Gates belts to AIRE Bearings - UK for less than $350 USD. They took 2 hours to answer my e-mail quotation request. I call this a service guys...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=interflexo;195286]CMT quoted yesterday the 6 standard pulleys to $3,200 USD. They don't have anything in stock. Everything is made to order.

3200 BUCKS! did you specify gold for the material or did they just ass-ume
    thats what you wanted.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The material would be aluminum with clear anodized finishing. They have big series in production. If someone orders 6 different pulleys (1 un. each) you have to pay for the job preparation. The lead time would be 4 to 6 weeks. At the phone they said it would be expensive but there is expensive and EXPENSIVE! I assume they deliver top quality work.

On the Aire Bearings order regarding the big pulleys we are talking about:

One 367mm Diam, 144 teeth, HTD 8M, 30mm width with taper bore
    Two 216mm Diam, 136 teeth, HTD 5M, 15mm width with taper bore

3 smaller ones
    6 taper bushes
    3 Gates HTD belts
    1 shaft Drivelock 70 bush

Lead time 1 to 2 days. Everything in stock...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default GT3 pulley udate

I also want to use Gates GT 3 belts. I requested a quote from CMT (http://www.cmtco.com/) and they replied in less than 24 hours. The price for the stock pulley (P/N 24-3MR15-6FA.250) was $12.95 @ for 12 pulleys and delivery was 4-6 weeks. Guess everything is made to order.

Will give them a go.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is one of the pulleys that B&B Manufacturing stocks (www.bbman.com). You can view the pulley here in the online catalog.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: GT2/GT3 timing pulleys supplier

Unfortunately, B&B doesn't list the GT3 on the website.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think that GT2 and GT3 are the same thing.
    If you look at GT3 belts on the Gates website, the recommended pulleys are GT2.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Yes that is correct, they are the same spec's, GT3 is the same as GT2

Not many Manufactures list the GT3 Pulleys But have the GT2 Pulleys which are the same thing

But be weary of the Chinese copy, as they are not to the Gates Spec's

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Re: GT2/GT3 timing pulleys supplier

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Thank you for pointing that out! The other night I was scouring the internet for GT3 pulleys to no avail.