Mitsumi OK

Thread: Mitsumi OK

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mitsumi OK

I recieved my first order from Mitsumi today, I found items in their catalogue I needed my regular suppliers didn't even list. Good service, competitive prices too.
    Al.

Similar Threads:
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Al, I assume you mean this mitsumi http://www.misumiamerica.com

Kinda bummed, looking for a 13 tooth H series timing pulley, and they didn't have it. Nobody has smaller than 14 teeth.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by unterhaus
    Kinda bummed, looking for a 13 tooth H series timing pulley, and they didn't have it. Nobody has smaller than 14 teeth.
    I think that is because for H pitch belts, a 14tooth pulley is the minimum allowable bend radius.

I've also been having a hard time finding the H sized pulleys I need - H series 18 tooth x 1" wide belt x 1.5" simple (smooth) bore. Seems pretty basic, but hard to find for a good price. Mitsumi will make them to any size, but they want $36 for that pulley, plus shipping, of course! I also need a 30-something tooth pulley, which would be in the $85 range.

If anyone else knows of a cheap source for these, let me know. Once I get my mill up and running, I could easily make my own for the cost of the aluminum. For now, I'm kind of at the mercy of whatever supplier I can find.

Downloads
    Uploads

somebody shoulda told Bridgeport 14 teeth was the minimum.

I can see why you would have a problem finding that 18 tooth pulley -- that's got to be a pretty rare setup. To be fair $36 is pretty cheap for that. I had to broach the keyway in the pulley I have on there, and that was quite a production. I've seen people say that it's best to have the bore of the simple bore pulleys trued up on a lathe. I don't know if you have access to one.

I can't imagine that there is a cheap source for timing belt pulleys. You aren't going to find it on Ebay unless you are incredibly lucky.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by unterhaus
    somebody shoulda told Bridgeport 14 teeth was the minimum.
    I can't imagine that there is a cheap source for timing belt pulleys. You aren't going to find it on Ebay unless you are incredibly lucky.
    Yeah, I'm finding that out -- timing belt pulleys are just plain expensive. $36 I can bear, but $80 is way steep. I could quickly pay for a fourth axis by making my own pulleys. They seem so simple to machine!

Did your bridgeport have a 13t pulley?

Downloads
    Uploads

As far as I can tell it did take a 13 tooth pulley. I'm pretty sure the pulley on the quill is 26 teeth. I've just gone with the 14 tooth and hope things work for the best. If the ratio from the motor to the linear travel is not fully expressed in the resolution provided by the software, errors will probably mount up.

I made some gears for an industrial engineering class. In fact, I flunked the first time, so I made a matching pair. That's been almost 30 years ago, so I can't put my hands on them. It isn't that tough to make them, although you need an indexer and a CNC machine to do it

Downloads
    Uploads

Yep, the quill pulley is 26t, H100, at least on a BOSS3 anyway. I ordered it yesterday during my lunch break, but I was only 90% certain it was 26 teeth. So I searched through my pictures of my machine and found a picture of the loose pulley, zoomed in, and counted the teeth. I also ordered a new 18tooth pulley for the X axis. The order totaled $100 for just two pulleys!

A hint, if you're ordering from Misumi -- they have both metric and inch catalogs, but metric is far, far cheaper. H-series is identical in both series, except the bore dimension and price. The 18t pulley was $37.80 with a 38mm bore or else $67.50 with a 1.5" bore. 38mm is 1.496", so I ordered the metric version, of course!

Same story for the 26t pulley - $60 (metric) vs. $105.80 (english). The .004" difference is not an issue for me, since I'm using keyless bushings.

For some reason, L series, (.375" pitch) seems a lot easier to get a hold of, especially 1/2" wide and smaller.

I was thinking it should be pretty simple to make gears once you have a 4th axis. These aren't hardened helical transmission gears -- just straight aluminum timing pulleys. Once I get this first CNC together, I'll try my hand at it.