Need Help! FR-SE AC Spindle Drive - speed & direction input

Thread: FR-SE AC Spindle Drive - speed & direction input

Downloads
    Uploads

Default FR-SE AC Spindle Drive - speed & direction input

Hi

does any one know if you can make the FR-SE AC spindle drive take a +10v & -10V for speed & direction control? as right now it uses a forward & reverse input to decide which direction to go, just a +10v input for speed.

from manual i can not see a clear way,

you must be able to as you can pass the orientation job to the control from reading the manual so i was just wundering if any knew which switch or page manual shows how to change it.

thanks,
    robert

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It`s not clear from the manual as you say.Note that orientation can be either clockwise or anti clock but always in one direction only.Difficult to explain but orientation works by slowing down at a certain position and stopping at a certain position.If it overshoots it does not reverse but carries on in the same direction for another rev.
    I would give the Mits tech support people in Vernon Hills a ring.They are very helpful.
    Mark.

Downloads
    Uploads

hi mark

as you say, as when it is in a Oriented state, it will control the postion of the motor to keep it there, but say u say, it has to get into position in 1 direction only before it gets into its fully closed loop setup.

last time i rang mitsubishi they did not help very much at all, that was when i wanted to confirm with them the TRA41 drive signals (see my other post in this forum section)

the only reason i asked the question, was i saw with the other CPU card module and if u have the encoder on spindle and no mag sensor u have option to pass on the encoder and let the control do the orientation and not the drive.
    so i through maybe there is away to control spindle with +&-10v

thanks for taking time mark.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Robert,
    I still think the spindle orientates in one direction regardless of encoder or mag sensor position reading.It will orientate in a CW direction if the spindle was running CW prior to the stop command,and orientate in the CCW direction if it was running CCw.
    When you called Mits,was it in the States or the UK?Mits UK wouldn`t recognise any of this stuff if it fell on their head.
    Mark.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Robert,
    I think you might be out of luck.Did a bit more reading on Freqrol Maint Manual BNP-A7237-35-*.
    In section 7.3 Step 2 It is looking at why the drive will not work correctly the first time it is installed.No2 checkpoint suggests "external wiring or sequence error" see "Note 1"
    Note 1 clearly states that "The start signal CW and CCW inputs must be set ON after the READY signal and speed command have been supplied"
    This suggests to me that it will not accept a bipolar analogue input.Additionally when you look at the schematics of the drive there are binary inputs for the speed setting and the analogue input goes to a D-A convertor.
    Mark.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi mark

yes UK guys well as you say waste of time, i phoned germany at the time they said they woudl get back to me but was no luck.

i understand what you are saying about the single direction only to "lock" it in position. but what i am saying is when it is in holding position, as if u grab hold of it and turn it it will fight back in opasit direction etc so just wundered what it was doing in that sense as manual and wave forms show it in a closed loop situation when in position.

i was just hoping i could do some orientation with spindle to other possitions for probing etc as the new control can easily handle it on its own. and ihave a encoder on spindle now also.

ill drop Mitsuibishi a call in US as u say see what they say.

as whie i was cleaning and retrofitting machine i noticed the spindle motor is a 8000rpm motor while i can only get 6000rpm out of it so looks like i need to look at that see why it was setup with 6000rpm in mind.

thanks for your help

robert

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Robert,

You say below that you saw where the encoder signal was passed to the NC. So you assumed that the CNC is then controlling the orientation. As far as I know all mits drives control orientation through the spindle, not through the CNC. All the NC does is send the command to perform the orientation. I'm assuming that you're talking about Con A or is it something else?

From what I can see Con A is just sending the encoder signal back to the NC so that the NC can know the position and speed for threading or facing off the part on a lathe. On a mill it maybe used for Sync tapping. Just my two cents though.

Regards,

Chippy

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by chippy1 View Post
    From what I can see Con A is just sending the encoder signal back to the NC so that the NC can know the position and speed for threading or facing off the part on a lathe. On a mill it maybe used for Sync tapping. Just my two cents though.
    you know u are quite right here i bet that is all it does

aaah, looking on page 78 shows all.from maintenace operation manual
    with CPU2 card, it reads in a 12bit command with ori command and goes to that position past mark pulse from encoder.

so as you say drive takes over there is no way to use it as a servo motor drive in closed loop.

thank you for your time guys.

rob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You could always fit a servo motor and drive to take the place of the existing motor and drive.I have a Chiron VMC that uses an ac servo motor for the spindle.
    These Freqrols are getting a bit long in the tooth now anyway and I believe some of the spares are scarce.

Downloads
    Uploads

hi mark
    yes i hear what your saying, if it ever did give up the go, we would replace it no question, but while it works it works.

thans for your time.