tool change for M2

Thread: tool change for M2

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default tool change for M2

Hi everybody, I'm new to this forum & I was wondering if any body nows how to set up tool change in EIA/G code for M2 control so that it will preload the next tool the way that it does in Mazatrol. I set it up this way

N6 T1 M39
    N7 M06
    N8 S1497 M03
    N9 T2
    N10 G54 G90 X2. Y0.
    N11 G43 Z.1

The problem is that it will preload the next tool, however, the machine will not execute the G54, or any movement as far as that goes, until the tool is preloaded. It will not load the tool during operation the way that Maztrol does.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I stage my next tool after my g42 line and after my op. stop. I like to move my tool to the first x y location and use a M1. That way the tool carousel will wait until I can inspect the tool and press the cycle start button. I have a 120 tool carousel and it eat up a lot of time waiting for the tool changer to get finished before I can press the reset button if needed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, I'll give it a try, but when I first started this several months ago I placed it at the end of a cut or before the last line in a cut but the G01 move stopped & waited for the tool to be preloaded, but I have not tried it right after G42/43.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks all,
    I got it to work like this
    N6 T1 M39
    N7 M06
    N8 T2
    N9 S1497 M03
    N10 G54 G90 X2. Y0.
    N11 G43 Z.1

I tried this several months ago & it didn't work, but it works now??? I don't know what I did wrong in the past, guess I just needed to step away for a while.