FR-SE spindle drive trouble - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FR-SE spindle drive trouble

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Cutmore,
    I know it has been long time ago you repaired your SE-Io1 board and I am just wondering that if you can remember that where you have found DK434 (I am looking for DK434) and was it BKO-NC2055 or BKO-NC2055A???
    I will be thankful with an y information or help.
    Thank you.
    Karsue

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

How many DK's do you need?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I need Min.: 12 Pcs. and Max.: 24 Pcs.
    Cheers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Stephane,
    I know it has been long time that you repaired your SE-IO1, I have some questation maybe you can help me:
    1- There was 2 Triak transistor (C2939) were blowen (1 of them was broken), I replace them with the same one.
    2- 2 Diodes D37 & D39 was blowen (I have no specification of those) I replaced with almost the similar one.
    3- By testing Hybrid DK434 I have following reading:
    CH44, CH45, CH46: No reading (Infiniti).
    CH47, CH48, CH49: 1.13KOhm
    CH50, CH51, CH52: No reading (infiniti).
    CH 53, CH54, CH55: 4.31 KOhm.
    Do you have or any one else has any suggestion to help me with this condition, I appreciate any help in advance.
    Thank you.
    Karsue

Last edited by Karsue; 05-19-2011 at 11:09 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Cut more,
    It know that it has been ages that you repaired your SE-IO1, I went thoriugh all this thread and tried to undrestand it but my problem is not the same as all you guys, may be I am wrong.
    I just want to ask you that for testing CH44 to 55 with damage DK434 Hybrid what was your ohm reading and after replacing DK434 you had reading of 2.17 KOhm, did you put your probe on CH44 and the other one on CH55 to make ohm check with your multimeter or there is a another procedure???
    I would appreciate any help in advance from you and any one else.
    Karsue

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Karsue,
    My most common repairs lately are the fr series drives and i found on the hybrids the most effective means of testing them is with a scope hooked to a hagood tracker, it creates a sort of footprint of what the component looks like, go to this webpage and see what you think, this will test your components the best without paying all the money for a huntron tracker.

Project 119

Sorry I dont have the dk434's anymore as i have had alot of repairs comming in for the fr-sf drives lately, anything else i can help with, just ask.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FR-SE spindle drive trouble

Hi to all,
    I think I can join this thread with my problem regarding to FR-SE 2-22K spindle drive...
    problem : noise from the motor , changes of the speed(slowing down) following
    by excessive speed error. ( a quite big different between FWD and REV mode ,
    REV mode almost in a good conditions)
    The problem still exists even the motor is mechanicaly disconnected and runs free.
    Shaft turns ok, I do not see any bearing problem.
    I checked power parts with IGBT , set lots of trimers for offsets , levels etc. according
    to lots of manuals and tried to run the drive in open loop mode.

open loop mode : motor runs only if I start with revolutions less than approx. 60rpm - the
    same result in FWD or REV mode ...
    if motor rotates(after starting it from small reveolutions ), I can increase
    the speed above 60rpm and there is no noise and it seems , the motor runs smoothly
    : no excessive error even the motor does not move
    I also checked PLG generator installed into the motor , observed A and B signal with osciloscope
    and it seems to be ok

closed loop mode : I can start the motor with any speed but sometimes there is the noise
    or uncontrolled speed and excessive speed error , mostly in FWD mode

Any ideas what I could check ?

thanks , vlado

Downloads
    Uploads

I also have had issues with my FR-SE 5.5kw freqrol drive. Its in a Leadwell MCV-550e with Meldas M0 control. A few years ago I couldn't get it to work properly while orienting. I turns out I had a bad firing circuit also but didn't really know it cause I didn't use the machine all that much in automatic. It would only error out while not having much power in low rpm like while trying to do a tool change. I traced down the problem to some bad resistors, bad transistors and bad dk434 chips on the seio1 board. I also replaced the IGBT's on the base as well at that time cause I didn't want problems down the road. Resistors were simple to get, transistors were a NTE replacement equivalent I believe but could be wrong, and the DK434's were sourced from a guy in china at the time, however now I see they sell them on Ebay very reasonable.

A few years later it had a problem again, I had no output from the PW-SE power supply to the seio1 board. I got lucky and when I opened it up all I found wrong was the bridge rectifier was bad and not outputting dc. I replaced it and the drive was happy again. Fast forward to a few months ago and now the drive won't power up at all. I checked the outputs of the SE-PW and nothing was working so I decided to replace all the capacitors and most of the transistors in the power supply. I have a list of all the parts I used to repair the power supply and will add it to this post in the near future to help all with their power supplies. I got the power supply rebuilt and bench tested it by hooking up a 5ohm high watt load to the +5vdc and the light came on so all is good with the power supply. I hooked it up to the seio1 board and nothing happens. I was wondering if anybody has had this happen where the seio1 board will not come to life? If so, is there a fix or something I can do to repair the board? I vaguely ran through checking resistance on the firing circuits and nothing seemed out of the ordinary so I'm leaning to something not getting +5v to power up the board? I appreciate all the help and if someone has questions for me i'll help in any way I can, thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Vavco, Have you checked the firing circuits on the drive, It sounds like similar to what I had with the orient problem with mine. My motor made some strange noises while trying to orient or run at low speed but weren't very loud at higher speeds. There's a good write up from Mitsubishi for checking them if you don't have it already. I'm guessing this is on a lathe? If so I would check the encoder and belts for slipping and check the connections at the encoder first just to make sure they're good and eliminate that.

Downloads
    Uploads

you might find this alittle helpfull

seems the PSU in these are abit more than power supplies they need to give other things to the drive to say all is OK

may or maynot help

Downloads
    Uploads

I wish my power supply was that simple and one board. I have a SE-PW and not a SF-PW. The SE-PW power supply I have is two boards linked together with about 3 dozen yellow wires connecting them together. That guy is very good at diagnosing problems with boards and chips and if I knew half of what he does I could probably have mine fixed by now. The power supply looks to be working correctly as far as I can tell. It powers up when there's a 5 ohm large watt load hooked to the +5vdc lines. I'm going to look at the seio1 board and try to find out where the +5 is going and where it stops. Its like it's not getting somewhere to load up the power supply to stay on.

Downloads
    Uploads

I got the power supply working and tested all the outputs on the power supply. All the outputs on the supply are within specifications so now I'm looking at the seio1 board. I replaced some components on the seio1 board quite a while ago but there was power to the board before when I replaced the parts. Now there's no lights on the board so I think it could be bad. Has anybody seen this before where the power supply works but there's no lights on anything? I've unhooked the power supply and retested it a few times to make sure it works and it does so I'm stuck tracing down the seio1 board for something bad. Here's the list of stuff I replaced on the SE-PW power supply to make it work.
    6x C1815
    2x A1015
    2x A1020
    1x C3259 = NTE2325
    1x F5J = NTE5466
    4x 10uf 50v
    3x 22uf 25v
    1x 47uf 25v
    2x 47uf 50v
    1x 220uf 25v
    2x 220uf 400wv
    3x 470uf 16v
    11x 1000uf 16v
    3x 1000uf 35v
    6x 2200uf 16v
    51k 1/2w resistor
    All said it was about $50 to get it fixed. Had to order more than the quantity required for a lot of the components cause they won't sell just one. The resistor was burnt but still working but I figured I would replace it anyway. The capacitors could be substituted with others but the size of some wouldn't fit in the area on the board. I think the A1020's and the NTE ones fixed it but I could be wrong.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have decided to go a different route and replace the FR-SE 5.5 with a Hitachi SJ700D-075LFUF3 VFD inverter drive. The FR-SE is a 5.5kw 7.5hp drive and the spindle motor says 32amps on it so I sized the Hitachi drive to the 32 amps which put it into a 10hp Hitachi drive. The drive was only $750 compared to the cheapest FR-SE repair at $1800. I got the drive mounted in the cabinet and some connectors made for con1, the 50 pin and con3, the 20 pin. Con 2 and con 4 won't be used anymore. My machine uses the magnetic orient sensor and this will not work with the Hitachi drive. I am running it basically with no feedback for now to just get it working together. The Hitachi drive is sink or source 24vdc inputs and outputs which will work great with the Meldas M0 controls on my Leadwell. Its going to need some more tuning to get the volts hertz to 0-10volt controls right but right now it will work off of handle start stop and the speed pot just fine. The estop and drive reset work great and in MDI I can say M03 S1000 and it will spin up to about 1400rpm so that works but will need some tweaking. The drive comes with 8 inputs, 5 outputs and one alarm relay output. Right now I'm using inputs FW terminal-forward run, 1-reset drive, 2-drive ready, 3-estop, 4-reverse run, 5-low gear orient, 6-orient command, 7 and 8 not used. Outputs as follows, Al0+24vdc in, Al1+24out relay for drive faulted. 11-drive ready, 12-current running, 13-not used, 14-zero speed, and 15-orient complete. The orient will not work without the optional $130 SJ-FB option board for encoder feedback for positioning. I will also need a encoder that will do 6000 rpm and from my research Renishaw RLS has magnetic ring encoders that will work great for this setup. They have a 45mm id 57mm od ring that will fit perfect where the magnetic sensor was and readerhead will mount where the magnetic pickup was with a little fabbed up bracket. The RLS encoder setup is around $350 so its not bad at all for what it is. I may need a braking resistor also for faster deceleration times in the future but I want to make just the drive work right now. All said and done I will be in it about $1300 for a complete new setup instead of a chance the 30 year old FR-SE repair will last in the long run. I'm fairly confident this setup will work and will update it more when I add the orient and get it running smooth. Not too bad of a price to breathe life back into a older machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have had the Hitachi running for a while now and it seems to be performing well. I have ran a 3" face mill at .040" and it took it fine, drilled some large 1" holes and ran a boring bar for a while. I also got the SJ-FB encoder card and the RLS encoder to try to do a orient and tool change. I'm having problems with setting up the orient feature on the Hitachi. I press orient and nothing happens. Have a few calls into Hitachi and hopefully they can help me out with this setup. Ran a couple programs and it worked fine but had to program for one tool use with no ATC. Also got the RPM and load meters hooked up and calibrated to work with the Hitachi. The drive is a great retrofit even if I cannot get the orient feature to work.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default What will happen if we give 60HZ supply to a 50HZ CNC Machine?

Can anyone suggest if it is ok to supply 220 VAC, 60 Hz to 220 VAC, 50Hz Machine. Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What will happen if we give 60HZ supply to a 50HZ CNC Machine?

Quote Originally Posted by dzam View Post
    Can anyone suggest if it is ok to supply 220 VAC, 60 Hz to 220 VAC, 50Hz Machine. Thank you.
    you can use 60 Hz even it wont will effect the components , but 50 Hz is better while using in PWM and Phase shift circuits

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234