I have a QT-8 I have been working on for a while now but I am now stuck and need someone with some knowledge of the parameters to explain how to get this machine to home properly or zero return. Little history, I bought the machine from a school auction and like most others it lost parameters from sitting with no power. I have most of the manuals & have a parameter list for the most part, a few state "set best value for machine". I have already changed the batteries out, been through the initialization process, entered in parameters by hand. At this point machine would alarm out with "excess servo lag" on X axis, traced it down to bad X axis card. I purchased used Axis card, got it installed and no longer have any alarms or issues of that sort.

Problem is I cant get the machine to zero return properly, by that I mean I push the home button on panel, move axis away from home and the machine will try to home but overshoots and hits the hard limit over travel.
Here i s what I have tired, went in and measured to locate correct home position from center of spindle. Moved machine to predetermined location, changed bit 7 for OP10 to a 1 (1000 0000) power down control, power back up with control showing home and you can move it out of home and back into home, but when I power down & changed OP10 back to (0000 0000) it is back to where the machine will not home. I have the explanation & descpription of almost every other parameter except for the OP parameters.

So if anyone could offer any info that will shed some light on my issue I would greatly appreciate it. Only been messing with this thing for over a year now......