NEED HELP - 261 HEAD LUBRICATION ALARM

Thread: NEED HELP - 261 HEAD LUBRICATION ALARM

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry NEED HELP - 261 HEAD LUBRICATION ALARM

HI, I HAVE A SQT-28 MAZAK AND GETTING A 261 - HEAD LUBRICATION ALARM. I FLUSHED THE COOLANT AND REPLACED WITH MOBIL (LONG LIFE COOLANT). WHILE I REPLACED THE COOLANT I CLEANED OUT THE SUCTION FILTER. NEXT I REPLACED THE PRESSURE SWITCH. AFTER ALL THE NEW EQUIPMENT AND MAINTENANCE I HAVE PERFORMED ON THIS CNC, THE ALARM IS STILL PRESENT. I CALLED A TECH FOR A QUOTE TO TAKE A LOOK AT THIS AND DIAGNOSE THE ALARM. HE HAD RECOMMENDED CHECKING THE FLOW RATE AND ANY LEAKS IN THE SYSTEM. THERE ARE NO LEAKS AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO CHECK THE FLOW RATE. HAS ANYONE EVER HAD THIS ISSUE AND HAD IT RESOLVED. ALTHOUGH I MIGHT HAVE THE TECH TAKE A LOOK AT THE MACHINE. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE WAS SOMETHING ELSE THAT I CAN CHECK. BECAUSE IT WILL COST ME NEARLY $2,000 FOR THE TECHNICIAN. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NEED HELP - 261 HEAD LUBRICATION ALARM

I ran into this several times. Each time was the same thing. I did everything you did, and then some. The pump for the spindle head coolant probably has a motor with a Procon carbonator pump mounted onto it. You will be able to tell this as the Procon pump head is brass and will be secured to the motor with a clamp. If this is what you have, here is what you need to check: loosen the clamp and then separate the pump head from the motor. These pumps have a separate brass key that lines up to the motor shaft and pump. It is sort of a coupling. These brass keys will wear over time until the motor no longer turns the pump, which in turn would cause your machine to not see any system pressure. If your key is worn down, you can look for them on the Procon website, or by calling them. You can also get them through Grainger repair parts. If the key is intact, check the pump head itself. The pump guts are made of carbon and will wear out also. You can also get a repair kit for this from Procon or Grainger.

I have also had to do this with Lincoln Cool Arc pumps for TIG welders. I hope it helps.