Mazatrol CAM T2 with Micro DNC RS232 problem

Thread: Mazatrol CAM T2 with Micro DNC RS232 problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mazatrol CAM T2 with Micro DNC RS232 problem

I Have a Mazak QuickTurn 10N from 1985 with Mazatrol CAM T2 controller and needed a way to move programs and parameters from and to the controller, i found this Micro DNC that looked good

DNC Transfer Device basic model ~ DNC Solution Co., Ltd - Transfer file to CNC machine - DNC Communication

i also looked at this youtube video and figured that this might work for my controller as well even tho he is talking about M controllers and the Mazatrol parameters he is talking about i cant find on my controller.

Now to my problem, i have 2 DB25 ports on my they look like this

Mazatrol CAM T2 with Micro DNC RS232 problem-photo-2017-08-17-21-22-58-a

The only button inside the controller that works is the Magnetic Tape button, there is more buttons but nothing happens when i click them, so i have put my DB25 in the port that looks like a cassette to the right in the picture above.
    The Micro DNC box seems to receive some ionfo from the CN because when trying to save from NC to Micro DNC it goes from "Waiting" to "Reading" but then nothing happens, the NC doesnt start to transfer and after some econds i get an Error message on the NC like you can se in the video below

Have anyone got this to work with the Micro DNC i would be really happy to get the cable pinout that i need to use and the parameters both for Micro DNC and Mazatrol CAM T2.
    Thank you for your time reading my post!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mazatrol CAM T2 with Micro DNC RS232 problem

First off, I don't know anything about those units. How are you trying to send the programs and parameters? With the controller or with the machine? The program I use on the M2 with a pc I send and receive from the machine. If you haven't tried from the machine give that a go. Sorry if I haven't been much help

Regards Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Like you se in my video, "Mazatrol CAM T2 RS232 with Micro DNC problem" i am trying to download program from Mazatrol down to the Micro DNC unit.

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you resolve this problem geidnert? I would like to do the same thing with my T2 machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by agsy103 View Post
    Did you resolve this problem geidnert? I would like to do the same thing with my T2 machine.
    No, i never got that box to work unfortunately.