Anyone need help installing a probe on a 640M control? Information inside

Thread: Anyone need help installing a probe on a 640M control? Information inside

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Anyone need help installing a probe on a 640M control? Information inside

I purchased a 2002 VTC-200C several months ago, its an awesome machine for a price i couldnt pass up. The only downer is the machine did not have a probe in it. Mazak quoted me at 15k to install one and renishaw 11K. Ridiculous for the age of the machine and and how much i paid for it. I installed a brand new probe setup for 10% of what i was quoted.

I called mazak, renishaw, and mitsubishi for help on how to install a probe. all three sources couldnt help me even when i presented the laughable question "what would you do if i hired you to install a probe", silence.LMAO

enough back story. I know how to do this...I have it working on the mazatrol size of the control. I could run it on the eia side if i purchased inspection plus from renishaw. I had to buy a large number of the connectors and pins to make the cables up, I figured out the control side of it to make it work. There is a surplus of renishaw gear to be had on ebay for good prices. I have less than $1500 invested in my brand new MP700 system with a OMI receiver.

You will need a Renishaw MI12 or OMI reciever and a probe to match it (MP700 ETC)

PM me if you need help. I have extra connectors and schematics available.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone need help installing a probe on a 640M control? Information inside

I'm wondering if you can help.... I have a touch probe, but my first order of business is actually to install a TS27R tool length system on my Dyna DM4400m that has a Mitsubishi M3 control on it. Dyna is out of business, so they are not much help.

All of the Mitsubishi controls seems to be *very* similar, so I'm guessing the fact that my M3 is older than your system is likely not an issue. Besides, my questions are more basic than that.... The probe is just a switch. To that end, I've cleared everything away on my system so nothin can crash, and I wired a normal push button switch (to simulate the TS27) through a 24VDC power supply. Right now, I'm just trying to trigger the Mitsubishi built in G37 function. The switch is wired into CNA18 pin #1 on the control. When I monitor the I/O on the control screen, I can see that X138 or 13F (depends on how you interpret the display, but that is not horribly important right now) toggle between 0 and 1. That is great!

I've entered the small sample program into MDI and ran it. I can press the switch all I want, but the Z axis never stops during the 'auto tool length measurement' operation. My *sense* is that the problem could be in a few different areas. First, it could be that I believe the CNA18 pin might need a G31 command to select the appropriate pin. I've tried that (but I'm not really sure of the syntax... the manuals suck!). Or, it could be that I'm missing some block in PLC? I'm not really sure.... The only thing that is certain is that the known toggling of the switch state is definitely not being routed to the G37 ATLM macro. Oh, I should also note that I do have Renishaw macros, but I've not installed any of them yet because I thought it would just complicate the whole process more by adding another variable into the equation. The built in control function *seemed* as though it would be the easiest/cleanest way to go for my first step.

I'd be extremely grateful if you have some ideas. I'm a hobbyist that really enjoys trying to figure out the puzzle of all this. At some point I want to get the full Renishaw (touch and tool setter) setup on this machine. I've got all the parts, but the integration has been a nightmare simply because nobody seems to have the knowledge. So, any help you can provide would be very much appreciated.