Need Help! QT20 emergency stop

Thread: QT20 emergency stop

Downloads
    Uploads

Default QT20 emergency stop

We have a Mazak QT 20. When we start it we get fault"emergency stop" without any details such as "air pressure" etc. Any ideas ?.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: QT20 emergency stop

is that all it says? has it been off for awhile?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JMORLAN View Post
    is that all it says? has it been off for awhile?
    It has not been running for a few months but we power it up most days. We were having a problem with turret clamping( air over hydraulics).

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by murphyc1 View Post
    It has not been running for a few months but we power it up most days. We were having a problem with turret clamping( air over hydraulics).
    It really does not air to run, i have run mine without the air on. its all hyd. to clamp/un-clamp
    I would be looking at the hyd. if its not clamping. that could be the estop alarm to.
    I have had to turn mine on and wait 5 and turn back on to get rid of alarms. we think its the battery.

good luck

Downloads
    Uploads

It really does not air to run, i have run mine without the air on. its all hyd. to clamp/un-clamp
    I would be looking at the hyd. if its not clamping. that could be the estop alarm to.
    I have had to turn mine on and wait 5 and turn back on to get rid of alarms. we think its the battery.

good luck

I should have given more information. My machine could not run without air as it is air over hydraulic clamping, I think hydraulic clamping and air unclamp. We have another scrap machine with all hydraulic clamping same as yours. We could not get original system working so we decided to try hydraulic instead. I it seemed to work ok but when we restarted machine we got alarm "emergency stop". I have noticed that when we powered up machine previously we were not getting any signal to clamp or unclamp. We always indexed turret or unclamped & clamped to get it to clamp, it is the same on our other Maxaks. Since we converted it to hydraulic we get signal to clamp when machine is powered up, maybe that is what is causing it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by murphyc1 View Post
    I should have given more information. My machine could not run without air as it is air over hydraulic clamping, I think hydraulic clamping and air unclamp. We have another scrap machine with all hydraulic clamping same as yours. We could not get original system working so we decided to try hydraulic instead. I it seemed to work ok but when we restarted machine we got alarm "emergency stop". I have noticed that when we powered up machine previously we were not getting any signal to clamp or unclamp. We always indexed turret or unclamped & clamped to get it to clamp, it is the same on our other Maxaks. Since we converted it to hydraulic we get signal to clamp when machine is powered up, maybe that is what is causing it.
    So, is the alarm gone? clamping when powering up is normal. you have to hit the pedal each time it is powered up.
    do you still get a e-stop alarm?

Downloads
    Uploads

I still have alarm and cannot clear it. I have checked our other Mazaks and they do not clamp when powered up, thats why we have to unclamp and clamp after startup. They are air over hydraulic, it is probably different with hydraulic.

Downloads
    Uploads

oh, i guess i did not understand, i thought we were talking about clamping the chuck?
    the turret should be hyd. both ways. there is prox. switch to tell it if its clamped or un- clamped.
    could it be a sticky switch?.
    just to be clear, when you power it up, you get a e-stop alarm and you cannot get rid of it?

Downloads
    Uploads

The older Mazak turrets were operated by air over hydraulics not connected to hydraulic power pack. I am trying to convert to using power pack system off scrap machine. That is correct when I power up I get a e-stop alarm and you cannot get rid of it.

Downloads
    Uploads

I wish i could be of more help, it sounds like maybe you might have to grab some elec. parts off the old one to.
    it sounds like it does not know the hyd. is on.? maybe? good luck. maybe let me know what it is, i am really curious.

Downloads
    Uploads

I wish i could be of more help, it sounds like maybe you might have to grab some elec. parts off the old one to.
    it sounds like it does not know the hyd. is on.? maybe? good luck. maybe let me know what it is, i am really curious.
    Thanks, I will let you know how I get on.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Murphyc1

Can u send the screen shots of the machine
    I can help u in solving the issue. but i need more details on the machine.
    MAchine model , type, year of manufacture etc .

My Mail : hemanth@sjautomations.com

Downloads
    Uploads

We have it running fine now. We got service engineer to look at it. We had shorted out the pressure switch which was used on old system which was fine but the other ends of the wires had become dislocated so no pressure. Connected it up and now runs fine. Thanks for help.