Need Help! Meldas 60 parameters

Thread: Meldas 60 parameters

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Meldas 60 parameters

Hello all, I fired up our cnc mill today and to my horror it started in Japanese and the lube light flashing very quickly. After a quick inspection I found that the battery light was on in the control board, changed that and whereas the battery light is now out nothing has changed on the screen. Lube is also full and I tried shorting the lube sensor to see if that was throwing me but to no avail.
    I tried to change the language with parameter 1043 but I'm stopped with a data protection( at least that's what I think it is as it's in Japanese). I have turned off all locks other than edit lock C, I can't turn this off because I can't find parameter #7 on the BASE key menu, do I need to turn off C to edit parameter 1043 or its there some other lock stopping me? do you know what where to look for parameter#7 on a Japanese screen?
    I know this is just the first step to getting this machine going as I'll have to sort out the PLC also but I can't do that in Japanese!!!!!!

Any help is very much appreciated.

Rob

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Meldas 60 parameters

UPDATE- I now have the machine in English. I turned the NCSYS switch to 1 which stops the PLC, that disabled edit lock C and I was able to edit parameter 1043 to change the language.

Now I still have the problem of lost parameters etc. I have read that I can restore these from the backup on the cassette that is plugged into the control box, does anyone know if this is correct?

The Operating Manual says I should be able to open a "restore" page if I "next page" in the tool parameters setup area but I have no option to change page, there must be a way as it describes it on page 4.5 of the manual, any ideas?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Robbas

Your machine lost parameters
    We are professional service providers for Mitsubishi Cnc in india .

Send me the pictures of the screen so i can help u with restoring the machine.

My mail : hemanth@sjautomations.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If when trying to perform Input/Output functions, you get the message DATA PROTECTING, the edit lock is turned on for that function. You can check the status of these locks by going to the Input/Output screen. You will see something like:

<LOCK>

#1 MAIN PROGRAM ABC

#2 TOOL DATA ON

#3 PARAMETER ON

#5 COMMON VARI. ON

#30 MACRO PROGRAM

Wherever the word ON appears, that area is locked for editing and must be changed to OFF in order to perform Input/Output operations in that area. In the case of MAIN PROGRAMS, A,B and C are different types of edit locking, to edit the main programs with respect to the type of editing that letter (A,B or C) must be removed from the screen. All of these are normally addressed by the machine tool builder with either edit keys, Bit Selects, PLC switches, Latch Parameters, etc. If these are not available or unknown there is another way. There are four Y addresses which indifferent combinations will turn these locks off. They are Y238, Y239, Y23A and Y23B. ChangingY238 to 1 will turn the TOOL DATA lock off. Making Y239 1 will turn the PARAMETER and COMMON VARIABLE lock off. However, changing one of the four addresses may change another one back to 0. After a little trial and error you can find the right combination to get the things unlocked that you want or you can just make all four Y addresses = 1. This will turn all o

the locks off. When changing the addresses it is the same as on an M500 series, you are forcing the Y address to go high. For example,

# (Y238) DATA(1) MODE(2)

INPUT/CALC

source hutch07

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everone

i have a cnc machine fulland 2005 model. I load bacup from casset. But now mocro program gone and machine not change the tool. Could you please help me.

Downloads
    Uploads

My exact problem

Downloads
    Uploads

That is because the tool change operation is very much a machine specific thing, so it isn't built into the control. You'll need to find someone with the same machine and get them to dump the program for you. You will likely have to then change some register(s) which provide the fine tuned offsets for the Z axis during tool change operations. The manufacturer, if it is still around, should be able to help too. If you are looking for someone here to hopefully provide the information, you might be in the wrong forum. At the very least, you should probably be very explicit about the make and model of machine you have. Meldas 60 is only the control, and although important, that is just a part of the overall equation.

Best of luck!
    Alan