Mazak M2 VQC 20/40 Memory Problem

Thread: Mazak M2 VQC 20/40 Memory Problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mazak M2 VQC 20/40 Memory Problem

I replaced the CPU board on the spindle drive. This seemed to go well but I took so long over it that a battery on the NC side lost volts so that there were a few parameters corrupted. I overwrote them and did a parity error reset and everything started up correctly. All the spindle drive lights look good, the servo lights are all green, the NC lights on the board rack (RDY and IT) look OK. However the last two pages of hidden parameters I cannot access. They are for Y and Z axis pitch compensation. In addition I can only run the spindle on manual up to about 450rpm in low gear, and I cannot select high gear at all.

I decided to do a parameter clear by disconnecting the battery on the FX701 board. This worked except that after I reentered the parameters I still did not have the last two pages and now on zero return it shows alarms for missing parameters Y and Z. Still no change on the spindle speed problem.

My suspicion is that the missing parameter pages and spindle problem are due to corrupted software. Perhaps I need a new NC board, but which one? Can anyone suggest a way of narrowing down where the problem is?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mazak M2 VQC 20/40 Memory Problem

You need to hold the f3 button while turning the pages to access all the parameters. You will get all sorts of errors until all the parameters are installed. Once they are installed you may get a check sum error so go through the process of clearing that and should all be good.

Regards Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy View Post
    You need to hold the f3 button while turning the pages to access all the parameters. You will get all sorts of errors until all the parameters are installed. Once they are installed you may get a check sum error so go through the process of clearing that and should all be good.
    Thanks for that important piece of information. I have now got all the parameters in place and checked. The machine zero returns, the spindle goes but only to 2000 rpm in the high range and about 30 rpm in the low range. It will not do a tool change, probably related to the spindle speed problem. There are no alarms. When I select high range the screen high range "button" illuminates, but the low range one does not illuminate when it goes into low range. Any ideas?

Downloads
    Uploads

The rpm are parameter controlled. You have to find the correct parameters for your machine. Check and see if the gearbox is changing all the way . There are proxies that should come on if it has shifted all the way. Do you have enough hydraulic pressure at the head?? There is a pressure gauge under the spindle cover at the top on the solenoid blocks. Seeing as it won't do a tool change either I would check the hydraulics first

Regards Bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by richardnz04 View Post
    I replaced the CPU board on the spindle drive. This seemed to go well but I took so long over it that a battery on the NC side lost volts so that there were a few parameters corrupted. I overwrote them and did a parity error reset and everything started up correctly. All the spindle drive lights look good, the servo lights are all green, the NC lights on the board rack (RDY and IT) look OK. However the last two pages of hidden parameters I cannot access. They are for Y and Z axis pitch compensation. In addition I can only run the spindle on manual up to about 450rpm in low gear, and I cannot select high gear at all.

I decided to do a parameter clear by disconnecting the battery on the FX701 board. This worked except that after I reentered the parameters I still did not have the last two pages and now on zero return it shows alarms for missing parameters Y and Z. Still no change on the spindle speed problem.

My suspicion is that the missing parameter pages and spindle problem are due to corrupted software. Perhaps I need a new NC board, but which one? Can anyone suggest a way of narrowing down where the problem is?
    Hi Sir

I'm from France and after a low batterie I get a trouble I have also a VQC20/40B with Cam M2 and same thinks loose all parameters
    The machine was working fine and now not....
    Could you send me your parameters to reset my machine
    Thanks a lot for your help

Downloads
    Uploads

I have been out of town for a few days. I have a parameter list which I will send tomorrow or the next day.

Downloads
    Uploads

Parameters for VQC 20/40B attached.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mazak M2 VQC 20/40 Memory Problem-vqc-20-40b-parameter-list-pdf  

Downloads
    Uploads

I eventually got this going by buying another CPU board for the FR-SX spindle drive and swapping it. Maybe I can work out what is different between the two sometime, but at least it is going for now.