Machine - Mazak QT30
Mazatrol TPlus control

Recently on my Mazak QT30 I would get the alarm "220 Turret Position Sensor Malfunction" on start up and once the machine was homed and the reset button was pressed it would clear the alarm and everything would work fine.
Today during a cut the alarm 220 came up and then 2 other cuts it did the same. After the 3rd time doing it and after moving the tool body away, the alarm could not be reset and if the tool turret was cycled it would spin until it finally timed out(from what I assume), it took around an hour of indexing tools to get the alarm to clear and the tools to be reading the correct tool position.

I did some looking online and in a post on another forum someone said that when the tool was on tool number 1 the encoder light would be on. I found that mine was not and the the light only flashes when I change off tool 1 to either tool 2 or 16 and when I change from tool 16 to tool 1.
I don't know if the encoder needs to be replaced or if there is something else that needs to be done to get it back to working order

NorthMachinist