HI there newbie here ive got what might be a simple answer to any seasoned mazak software knowledgeable person?

Ive recently been introduced to the world of mazak machines after 20 years of running FANUC,HEIDENHAIN and Siemens panels sadly not completely introduced as we are running the machine with EIA programs.

The question is as this machine has a "B" axis indexer!! not a full forth axis i cant gain access to the current "B" position via a macro variable as you you can with fanuc machines or probably a mazak with a full 4th axis.

eg.

#5024= CURRENT MACHINE "B" AXIS POSITION.

Reason i ask is i have read the macro section of the manual that come with the machine and i have also trawled the net also looking for anyone else who might have been looking for the same thing.

As the workshifts on the machine only display the "X", "Y" and "Z" axis this also does not let me use.

#5204,#5224,#5244,#5264,#5284,#5304,#5324 aswell as any other macro no. associated with the non-existent "B" axis.

So as the display shows both the modal condition of the "B" axis aswell as the INDEX position surely there must be a variable that the "CURRENT MACHINE "B" AXIS POSITION." is stored in that i could read?

This will then allow me to finish of my macro pgm of rotation as the pallet will only turn clockwise in rapid so say turning "B" from "B0" to "B359000" means you get a 359 degree rotation instead of a 1 degree by it taking the shortest path, this can be put in the pgm with "M42" on the line prior to the "B" movement or even on the same line, but thats far too much like hard work PMSL.

Besides once i get this macro no. i'm sure ill find other uses for it.

please help its driving me up the wall.