Need Help! Mazatrol TPlus "TPS" function key?

Thread: Mazatrol TPlus "TPS" function key?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mazatrol TPlus "TPS" function key?

Hello, I am using a T32 Mazatrol Mazak lathe. I have used different machines during my machining career. And the mazatrol function keys I've forgotten how to use. " TPS " I remember using it at one time but can't recall how. So if anyone can help me use this function I would be much obliged..
    Thanks, brucelee

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mazatrol TPlus "TPS" function key?

TPS stands for tool path store. It is to be able to move away from the cut to replace a broken insert and resume from where you left off. Here is how it works. If you feed hold and switch to manual mode without reseting (handwheel) press TPS button to store position, move one axis at a time away from part,press TPS after each move. Change your insert and put back in the mode you were in, cycle start and the machine will go back to your 1st point in reverse order, the last point will be in feed and all the others will be in rapid. So you don't want to move to far for the first point or when you restart it will take a long time to get back to the part.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mazatrol TPlus "TPS" function key?

Thanks KyleEnright, I thought it work that way somehow. seems like I remember using it to restart a roughing cycle after the process had been reset short cut to material to be removed. have you used it this way?.