New Machine Build Mitsubishi M310/M320/M330, etc.

Thread: Mitsubishi M310/M320/M330, etc.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mitsubishi M310/M320/M330, etc.

Well, after receiving numerous pallets of Mitsubishi CNC control parts, I discovered 75%-90% of it is for the 310/320/330 series.

So I got everything organized pretty much laid out and the racks / chassis emptied out of cards/boards.

I need to configure the best system out of all the boards I have available, and there seems to be quite a variety including the battery board and power supplies.

After taking a extensive inventory, here are the boards I have the most of.

MC323
    MC303
    MC301
    MC724
    MC721
    MC611
    MC411
    MC413
    MC111
    MC433
    MC021
    MC011
    MC031
    PD19
    MC062

These I am guessing should be installed to a chassis/rack labeled FCA-3**M.

Is there a particular version of the Meldas that these boards will work best with?

Theres 16 odd boards here and I can't seem to find good descriptions of each. Can anyone tell me what boards these are?

I do have a few MB941 CRT/MDIs for the 310/320/330.

I also understand that this version requires the Freqrol SF & SFJ type but I can't locate the manuals. What other drives are compatible?

Is there a description of the wiring to the PD19 supply terminals?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Bump...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You're in the US, why don't you get all documentation from the meau website in download section (www.meau.com)?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mitsubishi M310/M320/M330, etc.

What are you trying to do? Build a machine controller from scratch?
    I repair Mazak machines and Mitsubishi/Meldas controls, not sure how much help I could be - you were asking about SF drives, I've probably fixed a hundred of those - you will be able to find documentation on the FRSF spindle control and the MRS series servo/axis drives on the meau.com website, download section.
    You asked about 16 odd boards you couldn't identify - send me pics including the part numbers silk screened on the boards and maybe I can ID them.
    Are you interested in selling some of the boards and modules?, obviously you have a lot of them and you won't be able to use them all. Do you have motors, encoders, and drive units? If so send me the list.
    I'm trying to build some controllers that will allow me to properly test various types of axis and spindle drives for my repair business. The MRS drives are a particular problem for me as they will only run when the bus-link cable is hooked up to a functioning controller. I had a freind who would let me use his Mazak QT lathe for test purposes but he sold one of the circuit boards to get a customer running and now he can't find a replacement board for a reasonable price. I noticed you did not have the board (MC 116) listed.
    If I can be of any help or if you want to sell some of them shoot me an email or call.

Bill Gorz
    Gorz Electronics
    828-206-1686
    bill@gorzelectronics.com

Downloads
    Uploads

What are you trying to do? Build a machine controller from scratch?
    Yes.

Are you interested in selling some of the boards and modules?
    They were already sold. I kept 1 each of the boards.

Do you have motors, encoders, and drive units?
    Yes, I do. Still have not completely inventoried that stuff. It was separate from the lot of stuff I received.

I noticed you did not have the board (MC 116) listed.
    I looked for that one on on eBay. There was not any in what I received. What board is that?

Greg

Downloads
    Uploads

How is this build going? I have the FR-SF that I want to convert to an analog control, any ideas?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by pdxf View Post
    How is this build going? I have the FR-SF that I want to convert to an analog control, any ideas?
    pdxf,
    The frsf can be used as an analog spindle control by moving Pin 1&2 jumpers (located at top left of SFCA card between reset button and topmost eprom chip) from lower 1&2 position to upper 2&3 position. This eliminates the need for the buslink connector, you should also remove the SFTL or SFBS card. Consult the FRSF maintenance manual available from Mitsubishi website for external wiring diagram which will show you how to wire it up for manual control.
    Good luck.
    Bill Gorz
    bill@gorzelectronics.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

pdxf,
    I've been on vacation so slow response. I tried responding to your PM to me about the MRS drives and NC but the system won't let me do it. not sure why, maybe because I haven't been on in 3 years, new password etc.??
    Anyways, I am interested in the MRS drives, the PD21 from the nc rack, and the monitor which you won't be able to use because of Mitsubishi's unusual scan rate.
    You can PM me or email me at bill@gorzelectronics.com or text/call 828-206-1686.
    Thanks, Bill Gorz

Downloads
    Uploads

Mitsubishi M310/M320/M330, etc.-dsc00165-jpg
    Mitsubishi M310/M320/M330, etc.-dsc00168-jpg
    Mitsubishi M310/M320/M330, etc.-dsc00169-jpg

Here it is, I started with a FCA 335M. I still don't have the Meldas Mazatrol Paramater disk that goes in the drive. I figured I may just write my own paramater set and save it to a disk.

I have the following boards:
    MC712
    MC116
    MC724
    MC411
    MC031
    MC303
    MC301
    MC611
    MC111
    MC446
    MC161
    MC062
    MC323
    PD21

Downloads
    Uploads

Regards Bob