Newbie Mitsubishi FR SF Transistor Check

Thread: Mitsubishi FR SF Transistor Check

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mitsubishi FR SF Transistor Check

I am trying to check the base transistors in a Mitsubishi FR SF 2-11-KP. I have removed the SF CA card and removed the whole drive from the machine. When reading the resistance with an analog meter some of the readings that should be infinite have some resistance then bleed down. I am just wondering if you remove the transistors themselves to check.
    Thanks
    Randy

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Since the unit is out of the machine I'm assuming you have nothing connected to U,V,W which should be the case when doing this check.

Put a meter lead ont he DC bus and then the other one to U then V then W. They should all read the same resistance (or close) You can also check this on the diode setting of your meter.
    Then move your lead from the motor terminals to the the terminals on the top of your contactor and check those readings. They should be the same also.

If you're getting increasing resistance then you need to reverse your leads.

After checking those 6 terminals, move your lead to the other rail of the DC bus and do the same test. You will have to reverse your leads when going from the positive to the negative bus or vice versa.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rokkin thanks for the info. I'll do that check as soon as I can. Is this the check that the resistance should be between 7K ohm and 75K ohm?
    Thanks again.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LocoCaballo View Post
    Rokkin thanks for the info. I'll do that check as soon as I can. Is this the check that the resistance should be between 7K ohm and 75K ohm?
    Thanks again.
    Typically it should be about 50K - 75K, or 0.3xxV if you're checking on the diode setting.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rokkin, thanks for the help.
    The diode setting checks out at .336 but the resistance is at 20ohms.
    Sorry to be such a bother, but I didn't want to throw down a couple hundred dollars if that's not going to help.
    Thanks again.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rokkin, thanks for the help.
    The diode setting checks out at .336 but the resistance is at 20ohms.
    Sorry to be such a bother, but I didn't want to throw down a couple hundred dollars if that's not going to help.
    Thanks again.
    20 Ohms is pretty much a short. Are you sure it's not 20Kohm?? If you want to be certain, you can remove the transistors from the unit and check it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Rokkin View Post
    20 Ohms is pretty much a short. Are you sure it's not 20Kohm?? If you want to be certain, you can remove the transistors from the unit and check it.
    It's 20Kohm. I am going to remove them tomorrow. Just been holding off because it looks a little intimidating.
    Thanks for the help.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The transistors seem to be OK when I checked them. I re installed the drive and powered it up. The machine is a Hitachi Seiki HiCell CA20 with Seikos LC 2 operating system and Micon 16 PC system. The Alarm code on the PC is 5032 SV-2 Servo Motor Drive Amp and 5061 Y axis abnormal. On the spindle drive the led 2 is lit on the SF CA card. It lights when the inverter/converter base current is interrupted. Is it time to send it off for a rebuild or is there anything else I can try. I know the 5061 Y axis is another issue that needs to be resolved but one at a time.
    Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If there was a problem with the spindle drive it will either have no lights, show an actual alarm on the series of 7-segment displays, or just go boom!

LED2 I believe is a normal condition and goes out when a direction is commanded.

Maybe get rid of the Y axis problem first and make the machine ready. The alarms on the machine do not indicate any spindle alarm.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Rokkin. There is an E stop on the Drive. It is E7. Could the Y axis alarm cause the spindle to go into E stop?
    Again thanks for all the help.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Rokkin. There is an E stop on the Drive. It is E7. Could the Y axis alarm cause the spindle to go into E stop?
    Again thanks for all the help.
    Absolutely. Solve the problem with the Y axis.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've checked the resistance in the motor and the wiring between the amp and motor in the Y axis and it seems good. Is there any information on troubleshooting the Sanyo Denki amplifiers? It's a BL Super Servo Amp 60BB030FXW10. I had contacted Sanyo Denki and they referred me to Mori Seiki. Since my machine was made in Japan they do support it. Or who is the most reliable company that could check the amp out.
    Thanks for the help.