Problem Mazatrol M2 parameters

Thread: Mazatrol M2 parameters

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mazatrol M2 parameters

Hi
    I can not send the program from pc to machine. But I can punch out the program from machine to pc. When i send the prog from pc to m/c it gives me an alram 470 Tape read error. I think some of the parameters are disabled. Can anyone help me in this matter. Machine is VQC 15/40 with Mazatrol M2 ontrol.
    Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Its been a while for me but I'd check; 1) baud rate at which you are sending. Check it in three places A) in the PC software B) in the system config of the PC and C) in the controller.

2) then check the character you are using for start transmission and end transmission usually a "%" on a line by itself.

3) If I had comment line over 40 characters long it also faulted.

4) My M2 let me have only about 4 seconds between starting the receive side and the sending PC side before it faulted. I looked like Stevie Wonder with one hand on each keyboard as I did a transmission. Never could find where to change that 4 second gap to more time.

Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Thanks for the reply. When I tried to change the parameters I can see only the following pages.
    1. Cut condition parameters
    2. Point cutting parameters
    3. Line/Face cutting parameters
    4. 3-D, EIA/ISO parameters
    5. Measuring parameters
    Please suggest how I can change the baud rate on the machine.
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Pcreek,

So sorry about not getting back. I hope I didn't hold you up. If you're like me you only get to these things every so often anyway.

I really can't remember the keystrokes to get there, but there is a parameter page deep in the control in which the sending and receiving baud rate are encrypted. For example, changing the number from 134 to 186 makes it go from 1800 baud to 3600. Your corporate Mazak technical people should be able to help you. They didn't charge me for questions in the U.S.

Downloads
    Uploads

Max baud rate and factory default is 4800

Parameter:

OP2 bit 0 = Tape punch (0=EIA 1=ISO)
    bit 1 = Tool length offset (Only Z axis = 0 Any axis = 1)
    bit 2 = Tool offset (0= D-code 1= H-code)
    bit 3 = Tool dia offset ( 0=Dia set in Tool Data 1= Not active)

OP3 "#" code for EIA punchout
    OP20 Number of feed until the first charactoer of a program while punch out (0-65535)
    OP21 Number of spaces between O and program data (0-65535)
    OP22 Number of feed after program data (0-65535)
    OP23 Tape reader baud rate
    OP24 Tape reader baud rate (setting 16=4800 32=2400 64=1200 128=600 256=300 512=150

To display Machine constant parameters push and hold F3 while paging through parameter pages.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had to change the leader in the posting program under dnc properties to /018 to get it to work on mine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mazatrol M2 parameters

Looking to solve an issue with my VQC20/40. I let the batteries go dead.

Put all parameters back by hand, Runs fine, homes fine, moves all axis fine. Tried to run my normal program and buffer of "Z" goes to ****.**** then "REMAIN" goes to ****.***** and the "Z" axis raises till it over travels. I'm sure its some parameter but I've check them all. So much so I'm beginning to know them by heart.

I changed the FX17 card and now from the ****.**** I can see Buffer from O to before the program starts goes to 416.117 then REMAIN shows that number while buffer goes to zero. If Z is anything negative the 416 counts down till Z over travels. Worked fine with the same programs till the batteries went dead. Did the parity trick and all seemed well till I tried running a program.

Any advise will be appreciated

Downloads
    Uploads

hi marinoperna i have vqc 20 40 because of battery down all parameters gone but i dont have parameter list would you pls help me.can you send me parameters if you have?i will be really happy if you can send .thanks in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads

I know this is an old post but in case someone else is having problems or just interested the parameters are stored on the FX727 board. Tool Files and Tool Data are on the HX 784-9

Regards Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

In a July 2014 post you comment that you entered parameters into a Mazak M2 control by hand. Would you please share that procedure?

Thanks in advance!

Have a good day,

Jim

Downloads
    Uploads

You have to press the parameter soft key then hold the F3 key while changing pages. Load the parameters in each section manually and carfully. When all the pages are done and make sure there are no** anywhere (make them zero if you don't have parameter). Then shut down machine and see what happens. If you have lost them am all it might pay to remove the batteries and discharge the capacitors on those boards first so that you don't have to do it all again

Regards Bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JimFleig View Post
    Hi,

In a July 2014 post you comment that you entered parameters into a Mazak M2 control by hand. Would you please share that procedure?

Thanks in advance!

Have a good day,

Jim
    Hi,

I have problems to see hidden parameters

Can you help me please?

Downloads
    Uploads

Press F2 an F3 together

MAZAK Service, servotek.gmbh@gmail.com