Mazatrol Nexus output to t6m

Thread: Mazatrol Nexus output to t6m

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mazatrol Nexus output to t6m

Is there a way to have the new nexus machines export files as the t6m format when using hard disk transfer or another transfer mode.

We are implementing a system to manage our cnc programs and we need to support multiple generations of machines. The older fusion controllers can use hard disk transfer to load and save files in t6m. The nexus will load a file in t6m but saves as pbf. We want to use the programs across generations of machines.

We are using this transfer mode with standard SMB file shares to network our machines, and writing an application to manage the files. We are replacing griffo brothers with this eventually as we want more control of the data than their program allows.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Matrix and Fusion files are not compatible. You could convert the Matrix programs to Fusion format or the Fusion files to Matrix but they would have to be converted back when you want to use them. For more control of your files try Solutionware's Mazacam.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well thats a bummer. I know I can open files from the Fusion 640 controllers (T64 Floppy files, *.t6m) on the Nexus. So where does the incompatibility happen? They can't be converted back on the Nexus?

Our problem is that we have 5 Fusion 640 machines and only one new Nexus controller so we need to store everything in a format that the Fusion 640 controllers can understand.

Does anyone know if there is a solution where I can pass parameters as command line arguments to run the conversion (hide the converter from the machinists for simplicity)?

I'm the IT guy and not well versed in the way mazak is handling these files so I'm trying to understand this scenario a little better.

Downloads
    Uploads

Matrix files cannot be read by the 640 control directly that is why they have a different file extension. You need Griffo or Solutionware to convert them. I use Solutionware to convert because it can convert to any Mazatrol in one step. Griffo has to convert one generation at a time and has some issues in the conversion process. If it was me I would keep them separate. You can easily set up the Matrix with a wireless card and use your network to transfer files since the Matrix uses WinXP.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply. I am going to suggest to the shop foreman tomorrow that we keep them separate, he was mentioning something else that needed to be different with the setup sheets for them anyway. Our goal is to have proven programs for our parts (as I understand it at least), and since the matrix seems to be very different I imagine proven on the 640s and proven on the matrix will be different programs.

We are already switching to windows file shares from griffo brothers, and have Cat 5 (for rs-232) to all the machines so the infrastructure is there.