Newbie cutting part bacwards.It starts with the correct letter but is turned backwards.

Thread: cutting part bacwards.It starts with the correct letter but is turned backwards.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default cutting part bacwards.It starts with the correct letter but is turned backwards.

hello. I am new to the cnc world, I use Bobcad and I think I have drawn and Embossed them correctly. When I load it into Mastercam it is backwards. I rotated the display ( i know that is stupid) but is cuts the same. I run the simulation in bobcad and it looks right. I cut it and it cuts same as the display. like it is cutting the letters from the bottom. I have cut things before and they were ok, I have worked on my soft limits and not sure what I have done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so very much.

I have looked at other post and found that maybe my X and Y on the machine are not
    right. I have built my machine so this is very possible.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: cutting part bacwards.It starts with the correct letter but is turned backwards.

When you import from another software you almost always have to set the wcs, cplane and tplane to manufacture parts unless you draw from it with manufacturing origination in mind. So how i normally do this is i set the wcs origin then cplane and tplane to correlate.Get use to this methodology. Although this is true you may visually see something simulated on mastercam that will very will post correctly. Mastecam is a tool like no other that has to be set-up by each user to aid in minimizing confusion and making these motions seamless. I always look at the code. If your x,y and z is not going in the direction you want this can easily be corrected through dymanic wcs.