one question please :)

Thread: one question please :)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default one question please :)

hello guys please consider a lathe with live tools, thus turning and milling : S + M axis

there is a situation where code for
    one operation must be created accordingly to next operation

for example, if operations are :
    ... S,S or M,M, thus same operations, one after another, than
    code_type_1 should be generated
    ... S,M, thus milling after turning, than code_type_2 should be generated
    ... M,S, thus milling before turning, than code_type_3 should be generated

so, is it possible to generate code in this manner ?

also, if yes, is it possible to generate code for "last operation"
    accordingly to "1st operation" ? this is good when program is looped

code variants are :
    ... type 1 : G00 X=contast Z=constant M203
    ... type 2 : G00 X=contast Z=constant M203 M05 M63
    ... type 3 : G00 X=contast Z=constant M203 M109

please, answer even if not possible kindly !

Similar Threads:
    we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: one question please :)

how many types of returns do you use ? ( turret to safe position after operation finished )

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: one question please :)

That looks like a milturn config with multi streams per an axis. Were you need to sync the wait codes
    exactly mr. cadcam, something like that ...

You have not given any info on the machine
    is a lathe + live tools + radial turret : okuma lb3000ex2 pretty common among Okumas

What version of Mastercam. Do you have a post from your dealer for this machine?
    i have x5; i will search for the post

do you have the Mill turn option or just a Lathe and Mill options
    i am sorry, i don't understand this ... maybe i did not know that is called this way; english is not my native

machine may work as a lathe, thus S axis is on, or as a mill, thus C axis in on; i call this "machine states"

there are more than 2 "machine states", but S & C, turn and mill, are the most common

if after a S operation, comes C, than i need to stop the spindle this can be done while turret goes to safe position : G00 X=contast Z=constant M203 M05 M63

if after a C operation, comes S, than i need to disengage the C axis this can be done while turret goes to safe position : G00 X=contast Z=constant M203 M109

if actual and next operations are identical ( SS or CC), than turret will only go to safe position G00 X=contast Z=constant M203

swithing between "machine states" involves some steps
    ... some of them can be executed during turret traveling to safe position
    ... rest of them are executed after turret reached safe position ...

steps after turret reached safe position are handled well by the CAM, because they are "operation default"

i can not put inside the CAM steps during turret travel to safe position, because this code is generated inside active operation, but with conditions for next operation

how can i compare active and next operation type ? this comparison shoud generate code inside the active operation ... kindly !