Need help and new to this forum

Thread: Need help and new to this forum

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help and new to this forum

Hello, I am fairly new to CNC and have a question for those out there more experienced than my self.

I have created several parts in mastercam and successfully cut them on my table. Then I;

made some changes to my solid model in solidworks

saved that file as a step file (same as I have been doing)

opened that step file using mastercam and re-saved as a MC file

created my tool paths successfully and verified operations as well.

NOW HERE IS THE PROBLEM......

when I try to 'nest tool path clusters' using that part I get the following error:

Nesting VX4 r22.5 "Warning - Operations which reference solids are not supported"

I dont understand why I am getting this error when I am doing the exact same steps that previously were successful; with essentially the same part (all I did was change some basic dimensions by less than 1 inch)? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

At this point I am going to start all over from step one and create a whole new part in Solid works and move forward from there..... but would like to know how to avoid this in the future (or if creating a new part doesnt work either)

Thanks in advance!
    Jason