TOOL MANAGER PROBLEM

Thread: TOOL MANAGER PROBLEM

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default TOOL MANAGER PROBLEM

Hi all, I am a new mastercam 8 user and I am a little bit confuse between overall length, shoulder length and cutting length in tool editing page. Masteram help even make me more confused. Any help here would be appreciated

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TOOL MANAGER PROBLEM

It is not necessary to configure these , u can make program whithout configuring this. actually this is needed to avoid strike of shoulder with stock material when tool working in side the stock material.
    i think you got your answer. And one more thing in master cam editing page has clearly showing drawing about these things. I am also using same version of master cam.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply Virusvilla, but could you tell me is the overall length of the tool actually included the holder projection and the shoulder length is actually how long the tool stick out from the holder?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hu8719 View Post
    Hi all, I am a new mastercam 8 user and I am a little bit confuse between overall length, shoulder length and cutting length in tool editing page. Masteram help even make me more confused. Any help here would be appreciated

For example: Use a long series endmill with a shank larger than the tool diameter

Overall length is total length of the tool
    Shoulder length is maximum depth of true diameter ( before the larger shank )
    Cutting length is maximum depth you can side cut with that tool

The tool build (or assembly) is where the amount of stick-out is set

if the tool build is not used, the stick-out is normally the overall size (as the default holder is linked to this end face)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Super