Need Help! Saveing to more than one drive simaltaneously

Thread: Saveing to more than one drive simaltaneously

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Saveing to more than one drive simaltaneously

I would like to be able to save drawings/files to more than one drive at the same time.

Usually I save to my internal hard drive and then save to a desk top backup folder and then to each of a pair on flash drives. When I open these various drives I find I haven't always saved to all four locations properly and a fine mess of things I've made now.

My mission this morning was to open the drives and try to reason things out between all them... .some from this drive to that drive and a couple from that other drive to this one and on and on and on and on and on.* It's now well after noon and I've wasted too much time trying to make sense of it all.

Is there a way to be able to save the more than one location at the same time?

*on and on and on etc comes from Led Zeppelin's Bron Yr Aur with five "ons"

No snickering there, I'm only a little paranoid.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by ger21; 03-28-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Saveing to moire than one drive simaltaneously

Quote Originally Posted by Dugg View Post
    I would like to be able to save drawings/files to more than one drive at the same time.

Usually I save to my internal hard drive and then save to a desk top backup folder and then to each of a pair on flash drives. When I open these various drives I find I haven't always saved to all four locations properly and a fine mess of things I've made now.
    Yuck, why so many copies ?

I have not come across a situation that requires this procedure
    - but
    IMO, you need to save to one common location, on the internal HD. ( say "current - in progress" )
    - then use a .bat file to copy that directory to your "other" required locations
    ( you need only to manage the "in progress" folder to keep the amount of data low to fit on the flash drives

I do recall Microsoft "Briefcase" for syncing folders, see if that suits your situation

Are you aware that Mastercam creates addition files in other areas that are not normally seen ?
    ie autosave, timed backup,

Sometimes additional files can be used when creating stock shape, toolpaths etc ( these MUST be available when opening a session )
    ie a series of files created/used on one computer, you cannot open the Mastercam file on another without errors
    - it would only work if a common save location is used for every file, and the data paths to them would be the same for each computer

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Saveing to moire than one drive simaltaneously

Look for "SyncToy 2.0" from Microsoft. It is free.

You can create folder pair to synchronize. It is even possible to create a schedule using Windows Scheduler.

Sent from my iPad