Arc Filter question !?! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arc Filter question !?!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Arc Filter question !?!

Hope this help and hope I understood you question.
    Sure did Jeff....Ceci m'aide et m'aidera d'avantage à mieux comprendre le pourquoi je n'y voyais rien en 2d !!

Sorry, english is not my primary language
    Not to worry...il y a bin pire comme t'as surement constaté, et de ceux-ci, souvent sont des anglo !!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Robert M View Post
    my goal here is further to understand how can I ( or any other for that matter) avoid & see in verify some Arc Filter setting changes before the actual cut.
    Robert
    Using Verify only shows a graphical representation of a before & after view of the stock....you really need the precision set to max. & the tool accuracy set to a fine size (backplot/verify settings).... then the runtime to verify the path will take longer

if you want to analyse what move is linear or what is arcs...use the Backplot....Verify will not graphically show them ( they may with the X7/8 version, just installed X8 at work- jumped from X5)... it would be shown in the side tab windows

You will find Backplot will be faster to check & adjust paths, use verify prior to actual posting

BTW, the long edges on your part seem to be a full linear move, any scalloping between these endpoints will not be a programming fault.
    - It has to be one or a mix of the following
    -- mis-location of part, origin not set correctly
    -- tooling issue
    -- work holding
    -- machine or controller issue

Last edited by Superman; 02-10-2015 at 03:28 AM.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Robert M View Post
    Hope this help and hope I understood you question.
    Sure did Jeff....Ceci m'aide et m'aidera d'avantage à mieux comprendre le pourquoi je n'y voyais rien en 2d !!

Sorry, english is not my primary language
    Not to worry...il y a bin pire comme t'as surement constaté, et de ceux-ci, souvent sont des anglo !!
    Where do you come from, just curious?

Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    BTW, the long edges on your part seem to be a full linear move, any scalloping between these endpoints will not be a programming fault.
    - It has to be one or a mix of the following
    -- mis-location of part, origin not set correctly
    -- tooling issue
    -- work holding
    -- machine or controller issue
    I read & hear you....but for my logic ( witch just there is not a factor to take in consideration since I do not have lots of cut & test hrs in troubleshooting ) the straight line cuts ( where only one direction is working, say like either X or Y ) showed no to VERY little scallop marks, but the tangential cut ( where X & Y motion were at the same time cutting) had those nasty scallops marks.
    To make things more....hummm...for me anyway....is the the blank panels ( 6 of them) where not set at the same physical starting point on the actual machine. All panel origin ( o.o) where set independently before the cut, but.....ALL tangential scallop marks are identical in location and in space ( space meaning the if I aligned & stack my cut panels, the scallop match ?? ), after the cut, witch lead me to think....in my logic....it's less probable, but not impossible of being a loos something, backlash or tooling issue !

See where my logic & thought where ?
    That's why I figured it may pay off ( in time of troubleshooting) to 1st see the " computer" part of this equation before tackle the mechanical part of my....scallop mystery !
    But like you stated.....nothing is easy

Thks Superman !

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey001 View Post
    Where do you come from, just curious?

Jeff
    I come from a weird far far place.....
    Where I'm at...near Bromont

Downloads
    Uploads

A little update & follow up is the least I can do to thank some of you !
    Finally found the culprit !
    It was a intermittent loose connection for on of the two X-axis motor ( witch in this case, stayed "off", no electrical to motor 2) on this cutting job.
    Never though of confirming that ( all motion / motors working as they should be ) while cutting, but became very obvious while troubleshooting.

All & All it was an interesting "troubleshooting" case for me and a good learning ( or re-learning of some) some values and some caution to take, cauz...also found some other aspect in need of some attention.....but MOSTLY, NEVER ASSUME !!

Thanks again to all.....later, cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12