Need Help! Canned Text M00 Troubles

Thread: Canned Text M00 Troubles

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Canned Text M00 Troubles

BACKGROUND:

I have a job where I need to engrave a 100 pieces with different wording. I'm programming 20 at a time by doing 20 separate contour operations using the same engraving tool. Each machining operation consists of the geometry for all the lettering on one piece. I want to insert an M00 program stop so at the end of each contour operation so I can put a new piece in the fixture before the next operation runs.

To this end, on the parameters for each operation I've forced a tool change and added canned "stop" text in the "after" position.

PROBLEM:

Using a generic Haas 4x mill post processor, I was expecting to see an M00 after each COMPLETE machining operation. What I GOT was an M00 after each LETTER (chain of geometry) in the machining operation.

How can I get MasterCAM to insert the M00 only at the end of each COMPLETE machining operation and NOT at the end of each piece of geometry within that operation. Manual insertion into the produced G-code is NOT a practical option for me in this situation--I've got a dozen of these 2000-line programs to do.

Thanks in advance!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Canned Text M00 Troubles

What about manual entry? If you output it "As Code" then you could put

M00 (And whatever you want inside the the parentheses)

and thats how it would come out in your nc files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vwilmot View Post
    What about manual entry? If you output it "As Code" then you could put

M00 (And whatever you want inside the the parentheses)

and thats how it would come out in your nc files
    You know...I wasn't aware of that function at all. I think this will solve my issue PERFECTLY!

Thanks SO much--I'll give it a try tomorrow.

--Mark

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Glad to help Mark. There's a lot than can be done using Manual Entry, we can insert a short note, or a specific string of code. I use it to preload the work offsets, then any probing that is needed and if I'm using coordinate rotation that put in as well. I have basic text files that I make a copy of, update the probing cycles to the current part, and re save it in the current parts folder. Then using Manual Entry, in the center of the window check the "Use text file", select the text file we just created, and Mastercam does the rest. Good luck with your programs, let me know how you make out.....
    Glad To Help,
    Virg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Virg, Manual entry worked wonderfully--Thanks again!