I'm going to be trying to modify a post to suit an old Cincinnati Cinturn lathe with an Acramatic 900 control. For those not familiar with these machines they have two separate turrets. Basically one is for OD tooling & the other is for ID tooling.
The control works off radii not diameters. So the code to turn a 10" diameter with the standard 6" long turning tool would be X5.000. Oops I almost forgot that the programs don't use a decimal point. Yes I'm serious. So the correct code would be X50000. For clearance when using the tailstock we usually use 6.5" long tools. Now the code would be X55000 (dia/2 +.5000).
Now for the ID turret. That turret sits up & in front of the OD turret. The center line of the ID turret is X-130000 (X-13.0000). Since the tips of all the boring bars are set in a fixture they all use the same formula to determine the X dimension, (dia /2 -13.) So to bore a 10" diameter the correct code would be X-80000 (X-8.0000). The face of the part when boring would be Z220000 (Z22.0000).
So now that I explained all that here's my question. Does all this need to be figured into the post or is some of it set up in the machine or control definition? If it's all in the post then I need to know how to get the length of the turning tools into the post.

PS MasterCam