Need Help! Arc Verge Problem

Thread: Arc Verge Problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Arc Verge Problem

I'm new here,so I will do my best to explain my problem. Hope you guys can help me.

I drew an arc which is like half of a circle. Then I connected these 2 verges of this half circle with 2 lines which connects at the top. (The shape is like a rain drop.) I also used some trimming to get this shape. Then I used contour on toolpaths. The arc I drew seems like a angled, perfect rain drop, but it simulates this shape as different lines with sharp verges though they are all joined together. So I get straight lines connected together rather than a smooth rain drop.Can you please explain how to deal with this problem...
    I use mastercam x8 and couldn't find a way.

I really appreciate your help!

Thanks alot!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Arc Verge Problem

if your simply just simulating it in mastercam turn up your quality setting...in x8 its a little bar in the lower right hand corner called Precision... it improves the picture,and you wont see though's little lines that you are talking about...

If its on your actual machined part then you have either drawn a spline or you need to adjust your arc setting in your control definition manager to post clearer Gcode

- - - Updated - - -

The bar is in your simulation screen