Lock Tool Numbers?

Thread: Lock Tool Numbers?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Lock Tool Numbers?

I've been dabbling in mastercam x6 for some time now (maybe 6 months) and I've figured out just about everything I need to be able to do with it without too much difficulty, save for one thing..
    I'm using the Import/Export feature to save entire sequences of tooling (I frequently use the same tool sets for many operations) but for whatever reason I can't find a way to lock the tool numbers in. For example, if I have an endmill in tool slot 8 on my machine, the import function will renumber it to slot 1 if there are no other tools already on the job.

Perhaps I'm using the incorrect function for saving tool sequences, or I'm missing something? In any case, if anyone has suggestions I'd love to hear em :P

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Lock Tool Numbers?

Not sure if you have figured this one out or not but here's how to change this.

-Go into your machine definition.
    -Then go to Edit the control definition
    - under the control topics pick "tool"

In this menu you will see two options "add to tool" and "from tool" toggle the from tool option and save.

Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads

in the Machine Group Properties under Tool Settings uncheck the box for "Assign tool numbers sequentially"
    see attachment

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lock Tool Numbers?-tool-jpg  
    If you can ENVISION it I can make it

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have talked to our re-seller a number of times on this issue. At this time there is no way of locking the tools to a certain number.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by seijack View Post
    I have talked to our re-seller a number of times on this issue. At this time there is no way of locking the tools to a certain number.
    your reseller obviously needs more training in the product he is selling

If you can ENVISION it I can make it

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What I asked is if you could lock the tools numbers so that you could not re-number them, while re-numbering all other tools. The answer was no.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cnc-king View Post
    your reseller obviously needs more training in the product he is selling
    Your reseller needs to be a little more current with the product....

You need to checkmark what cnc.king put up in his 1st reply
    - utilise a tool library that replicates what (standard) tooling you have in the machine carousel as to tool numbering ( not by pot ), build lengths & so on.
    you then load this into each session before adding any additional tooling ( errors will display if duplication occurs )

Edit a tool library correctly so that any tooling imported, contains the required cut data ( F,S DOC, step over, coolant etc), all that is then required is to assign a tool number for this session
    - train yourself to use this method for tooling search of similar sizes ( ie 10mm cutter required, select a 3/8" flat endmill, then modify the cutter diameter....all other data will be close for that material)
    -----editing a library can be a bit involved, as a different lib would be needed for each material type ( ie Steel, Alum, Titanium, Wood, etc)