You should be able to select the post in the Ops Dialog under POST, then run it. All it does is create the .nci file. It' won't create any geometry or tools or what have you..Originally posted by balsaman
How do I use a reverse post to generate a tool path from a gcode file in mastercam?
From the Mcam help files:
Should you choose to use reverse posting, follow these steps:
1. Choose Main Menu, NC utils, Post proc, Change.
2. Select a reverse post processor and choose Open.
3. Choose Reverse. The Specify File Name to Read dialog box opens.
4. Select an NC file to reverse-process and choose OK. The Specify File Name to Write dialog box opens.
5. Select or enter an NCI file name to write and choose OK.
I don't get the "Reverse" option when I change to rpfan.pst. My options are "change, run, run old, update pst."
What's wrong here?