Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 15

Thread: saving tool holders with the tool

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default saving tool holders with the tool

    i do not understand why in mastercam tool holders are set in the tool path parameters and not in the mastercam tool library? how do you store a holder with a tool so it can be reused?

    Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Joesph Jackman; 03-05-2012 at 09:01 AM. Reason: spelling


  2. #2
    Registered
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4519
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Not sure I understand the question. Where are you saving your edits to the tool holder for a given tool? Are you using Tool Manager? Or are you only editing at the Operations Manager? Or did you create a custom tool library?



  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    it does not appear possible saving a holder with a tool because holders are defined in a machining tool path parameters and saved there as well and not in the mastercam tool library. every time i have to define a tool holder rather than recall it and its associated tool from the tool library?



  4. #4
    Registered
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4519
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    I am on X3. Shot 01 is the Operation Manager tool info. Shot 02 is Tool Manager tool info. If i change the size of the tool holder in Tool Manager and save it to the Tool Library, it will be there when I reuse that tool on the next job.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -tool01-jpg   -tool02-jpg  


  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    screen capture of how tool holders are defined in x5 in machining tool path parameters not mastercam tool library. want to save holder with tool and not define every time. also have to open tool holder library and then search for tool holder every time. if you do not define holder like in screen shot, holder is not gouged checked against part!

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -x5-holders-jpg  
    Last edited by Joesph Jackman; 03-05-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: added gouge check information


  6. #6
    Registered
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4519
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    I see. Looks like MasterCam made something new but did not finish their homework by allowing the tool holder to be linked to a tool. Maybe someone else knows how to link them together, I do not.



  7. #7
    Registered
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    27
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joesph Jackman View Post
    screen capture of how tool holders are defined in x5 in machining tool path parameters not mastercam tool library. want to save holder with tool and not define every time. also have to open tool holder library and then search for tool holder every time. if you do not define holder like in screen shot, holder is not gouged checked against part!
    To the best of my knowledge, You need to define the holder each time you select a tool.
    I now use Vericut to verify everything, so I no longer waste my time defining holders in MC



  8. #8
    Community Moderator cadcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3279
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    At this time you can not save a holder with a tool. this is coming thow.

    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .


  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    At this time you can not save a holder with a tool. this is coming thow.
    thanks for the confirmation.



  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, You need to define the holder each time you select a tool.
    I now use Vericut to verify everything, so I no longer waste my time defining holders in MC
    what did you pay for vericut?



  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    254
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    I see. Looks like MasterCam made something new but did not finish their homework by allowing the tool holder to be linked to a tool. Maybe someone else knows how to link them together, I do not.
    i agree with you about mastercam making something new and finishing their homework. well said.



  12. #12
    Registered
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    27
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joesph Jackman View Post
    what did you pay for vericut?
    The company I work for bought it, so I don't know.



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum from DIY CNC Machines to the Cad/Cam software to run them. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on

Facebook Dribbble RSS Feed