solid selection

Thread: solid selection

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default solid selection

i have a solid inside another solid. i want to do a boolean remove. how can i keep shading on and pick the solid that is inside for my tool body.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I do not think MasterCam will allow this. I have mistakenly run into this problem before when accidentally constructing a solid tool body for removal inside another solid and then tried multiple ways to select it for removal. Once I moved the solid tool body for removal 0.001" outside the other solid, I was able to select it then.

Besides, why would you want to do this? If the created feature would be entirely enclosed by the main solid, you would not be able to machine it anyway.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe you could put the the solids on different levels and then turn the one off so you can select the solid that you want and turn back on the other solid if you need for selecting surfaces for check surfaces.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 521BIGBLOCKFORD View Post
    Maybe you could put the the solids on different levels and then turn the one off so you can select the solid that you want and turn back on the other solid if you need for selecting surfaces for check surfaces.
    Good idea. This would be the solution.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 521BIGBLOCKFORD View Post
    Or, try making them different colors. then for selection, choose ALL RED, or green or whatever

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks! both suggestions work for me.