Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 15

Thread: Mastercam Dealers

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    290
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Mastercam Dealers

    This from a Mastercam dealer...


    "This dealer is consistently rated as one of North America’s top 3 Mastercam resellers. We have provided best in class support for our customers in Illinois and Wisconsin for over 20 years."

    Is there a list that can be seen that shows the dealers ranking? How are they ranked?

    John

    Similar Threads:


  2. #2
    Registered Mike Mattera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1013
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    That's where I used to work. I covered Wisconsin.

    Mike Mattera

    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com


  3. #3
    Registered
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    nevermind

    Last edited by TylerRobertson; 11-25-2010 at 12:58 PM. Reason: nevermind


  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    290
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerRobertson View Post
    your dealer has been ranked in the top 10 internationally for 20? years



    wild guess
    Sales??

    Not customer satisfaction?

    Up your prices another 40% next year and maybe you will break into the top 5...

    John



  5. #5
    Registered
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    I didn't say top 5 because I didn't know how many years that was.. shoot.

    I'm not trying to rile you up - just the grass isn't always greener. Some US dealers have vastly different support policies and capabilities (staff etc.)



  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    290
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerRobertson View Post
    I didn't say top 5 because I didn't know how many years that was.. shoot.

    I'm not trying to rile you up - just the grass isn't always greener. Some US dealers have vastly different support policies and capabilities (staff etc.)
    So if I want to buy an extra seat I should pay 40% more for the product because that dealer has more staff. Good information. Look for a small dealer in the US and avoid dealers with a national monopoly. Good advice.

    John



  7. #7
    Registered
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    That's not what I meant - a dealer with two people wouldn't be able to support canada.
    But sometimes that's fine in a state in the US, because there is a much more dense population / manufacturing base. Canada has a far, far greater land-mass than any state in the US. Good comparison is that California has as much manufacturing going on as all of Canada .. yet is how big compared to it.

    Also some dealers may have support contracts, or not as many people on phones as we do - so reponse times to calls is far less.. or non-existent if you're not on maintenance.
    This isn't Mastercam exclusive even - ask around with other cam software and see how the support works.
    My CAD support would come from europe - that was a blast

    John - I'm not familiar with the specifics of your situation, but it seems like this is something that CNC Software should be working out with you



  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    290
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerRobertson View Post
    That's not what I meant - a dealer with two people wouldn't be able to support canada.
    But sometimes that's fine in a state in the US, because there is a much more dense population / manufacturing base. Canada has a far, far greater land-mass than any state in the US. Good comparison is that California has as much manufacturing going on as all of Canada .. yet is how big compared to it.

    Also some dealers may have support contracts, or not as many people on phones as we do - so reponse times to calls is far less.. or non-existent if you're not on maintenance.
    This isn't Mastercam exclusive even - ask around with other cam software and see how the support works.
    My CAD support would come from europe - that was a blast

    John - I'm not familiar with the specifics of your situation, but it seems like this is something that CNC Software should be working out with you
    I can see how phone support and -go to meeting- can be really affected by land mass. Gravity. Does DSL slow down when it's cold? Time zones. I have dealers in different countries that are almost the same distance away. Does maintenance include any kind of physical presence that I am not aware of?

    I am an end user who pays out of pocket for Mastercam and you work for them so we will never agree.

    John



  9. #9
    Registered
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Does DSL slow down when it's cold?
    yep. technically.



  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    290
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerRobertson View Post
    nevermind
    Why erase what you said?

    Can't lock this thread.....Now what.

    People need to know about customer experiences and pricing. This is also helpful to the people buying software.
    It can't be ignored.

    John



  11. #11
    Registered
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    nah, just what I said was reactionary, and didn't offer anything useful.
    I'm not trying to silence you on anything - I don't know if you know what my job is, but although I work at In-House, I'm not in sales, and I'm only slightly involved with mastercam.

    I don't disagree with you - people should seek out as much information as they can. Unfortunately purchasing cad/cam software is much more complicated than buying a bike, and unless people have the exact same company/machines, their experience may be different. yes i'm expecting a cutting retort to that - but it's true.

    I'm not helping myself here in any way - and certainly you're not getting anything out of my posts. I wish you the best of luck with whatever you do in the future - i'm done in this thread



  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    290
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerRobertson View Post
    I work at In-House, I'm not in sales, and I'm only slightly involved with mastercam.
    From the official forum of Mastercam.

    Tyler Robertson
    Administrator
    Active Posts:1,343 (1.18 per day)
    Most Active In:Off Topic (998 posts)
    Joined:21-October 07

    Most active in Off Topic..

    Only slightly involved.

    John



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum from DIY CNC Machines to the Cad/Cam software to run them. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on

Facebook Dribbble RSS Feed