Mastercrash

Thread: Mastercrash

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mastercrash

Is anyone else out there having problems with Mastercam just crashing. I even got a new PC and it still does it, maybe a windows 7 thing?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've been running mastercam in windows 7 for a few months and have no such problem. In fact it was an improvement over vista business. does it throw and error message before it closes?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I run X4 on my laptop using Windows 7 and have no issues. What do u mean by crash?

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mastercrash

When dealing with Mastercrap the biggest reason is it's a piece of crap. Go to www.emastercam.com and complain. See how far that gets you. The customer service works like this. You complain- they answer with don't you know we are the best- We have the most seats in the world- then complain about you and lock the post.

Oh ya. Look into the video card and settings. Like most shareware Mastercrap is video fussy.

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Possibly an underpowered graphics card. If you're running on a desktop with dual monitors and a big fast-spinning hard drive and have a bad-actor video card, you will want at least 700 watts on your power supply or the graphics card will be starved and not able to keep up with itself. I had this same issue with GibbsCam and with the Nextengine scanner software- often when I'd zoom in they'd crash with no real usable message. Spent $70 on a 700 watt power supply at Frys and haven't crashed since. Might be worth a try for you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What version are you using? We have ran mastercam on windows 7 for over a year, and no problems, on some pretty involed models and 5 axis tool paths, mc actually runs better on windows 7 , than on xp.
    Expalin the crashing? As stated above, the video has alot to due with crashing.

HAAS VF3-5 axis trunion
    Mastercam X3

Downloads
    Uploads

No crashes here...Still running XP and X4.

As far as thebigjw's experience, I've had the opposite in mine. They have always been super helpful and very quick to reply if I ever have an issue.

Tim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mastercam 4X does not like AMD CPUs. I had to get some special coding to run 4X on my AMD 64 machine. It is easier to install a new motherboard with an Intel i5 or i7 CPU. I have been an AMD fam for many years so this was a surprise.

Lowell

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by John Frandsen View Post
    Is anyone else out there having problems with Mastercam just crashing. I even got a new PC and it still does it, maybe a windows 7 thing?
    I've been using XP64 bit/ Nvidia Q FX3700 GC for a couple years now with almost zero problems. The only problem I had was programming an small impeller. My reseller took my model file and helped me figure out what my issues were. And there you have it. Most issue are user related. It's always easy to slam a product or someone else when you can't figure out for yourself what the problem is.

Been using MC for a long time and would not use anything else because of the support.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lkenney View Post
    Mastercam 4X does not like AMD CPUs. I had to get some special coding to run 4X on my AMD 64 machine. It is easier to install a new motherboard with an Intel i5 or i7 CPU. I have been an AMD fam for many years so this was a surprise.

Lowell
    hey Lowell, name sounds real familiar......

Intel is always the way to go.

Downloads
    Uploads

If you want to come into this forum and call it Mastercrap, then go fix it yourself. We use this for a living and if you'd like our help, a little respect might be nice.

In return, If I ever go into your shop, I wont tell you how dirty your floors are and how crappy you machines are.

We can help with problems, but we dont have to deal with your crap either. And yes I might have some possible solutions for your video problem.

Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Downloads
    Uploads

"The customer service works like this. You complain- they answer with....."

There's your problem. If you have an issue with something not working and can state it in a clear way, there are 100's of people willing to help. Somehow when you start a conversation with "This piece of crap....." no one wants to help. Imagine that.

You dont want help with a problem, you want to complain.

Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Most of the crashes of the high end CAD/CAM software is due to hardware and NOT MasterCrap. Unless your workstation is ISV certified you will/might have problems. Look into buying Dell precision Workstations that are ISV certified. I still have an old Precision 360 for a back up machine and it is rock solid. My current main platform is a Dell M6400 laptop and it's rock solid, docking station with dual monitors.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by John Frandsen View Post
    im havin the same issue

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What machine are you running it on?

Last edited by foxsquirrel; 10-18-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It would be of great interest to know what your "new" computers are.

What CPU chip Intel or AMD
    WHIch chip i5 i7 etc.
    How much RAM
    Operating system XP Pro, VISTa, Windows 7
    Video Card

What kind of trouble are you having?

if there are trends in what works and what doesn't we need to know the above info.

Just saying that you are having trouble doesn't give enough info