Simulator cell and voxel size issue.

Thread: Simulator cell and voxel size issue.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Simulator cell and voxel size issue.

So someone (me) might've (definitely) messed with the cell and voxel size in the simulator and now it either looks big and chunky when simulating or crashes if I adjust the size too much. There's a good chance they (I) might not truly understand the settings like they (I) thought. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Simulator cell and voxel size issue.

What version are you using?

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm using version 5
    5.0.2017.1031 (Prerelease)

Downloads
    Uploads

The simulator is not ready for actual use in these pre-releases. We have pre-releases because Microsoft's flakey Windows10 updates breaks software. Joakim had to release what he's working on so his customers would not be without madCAM.

Dan

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok that makes sense. Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have been struggling to get my simulator working satisfactorily after downloading the March release for 5.0. The simulation for this latest version was so full of artifacts and had such poor resolution that it wasn't worth using. I went back to the Oct 2017 version, which did work, but it did not have the same quality of rendering in the simulation as it did before installing the March 2018 release. I have been using it regardless but very disappointed in the quality. This afternoon I found the advanced tab under the simulator settings, and started playing with the Cell option. I dropped it down to 0.1 and was getting quite good quality to the rendering of the simulator. I should have stopped there, but I thought, "Hey, maybe I can tweak it a bit finer yet." So I changed the cell size to 0.01". That was a mistake. The simulator now just hangs, when I load it. It doesn't even show the stock, and I get a Not Responding message from Windows. I have uninstalled MadCam, gone forward and backwards with versions, but I cannot get the Simulator to load without hanging. Apparently, this information is stored somewhere in a configuration file that is not deleted when MadCam is unstalled. Any help would be appreciated!

Ken

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello KennethC,
    I am NOT sure if this might help, but try Regedit for CURRENT user and find this:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\5xcnc\5.0\Plug-ins\da262747-63d5-4f50-ba03-b7c4f4486737\Simulator Settings
    Perhaps da2627... might be different for you
    Then in the right pane there are different Simulator Settings and corresponding values, among other for CellResolution and VoxelResolution
    Hope this can help you
    Regards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gopal View Post
    Hello KennethC,
    I am NOT sure if this might help, but try Regedit for CURRENT user and find this:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\5xcnc\5.0\Plug-ins\da262747-63d5-4f50-ba03-b7c4f4486737\Simulator Settings
    Perhaps da2627... might be different for you
    Then in the right pane there are different Simulator Settings and corresponding values, among other for CellResolution and VoxelResolution
    Hope this can help you
    Regards
    That worked! Thanks Gopal