Deleting Tool Paths

Thread: Deleting Tool Paths

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Deleting Tool Paths

I generated my first set of toolpaths with the demo SW and want to try a different strategy.

How can I delete the paths created to try a different approach?

I have tried selecting them then deleting, check the help for deleting paths, but can't find the right thing to do there. Just want to start over using the same Rhino model.

Appreciate any help with the question or a point in the direction of where to look it up!

Thanks!

Bruce

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Deleting Tool Paths

Delete the layer.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Dan,
    Thank you for your kind help! That one point opened me up.

Let me hit you with another question.

I have a test model with some simple rail revolves. The top side of the geometry looks great, however toolpaths are being generated around the bottom block whose dimensions are the same as the Model Stock.

I double checked the size of the Model stock against the Model itself and they are dimensionally similar. (Using Roughing/Facing method)

After digging around in the help this weekend, I am not understanding why these lower tool paths are being generated.

Thanks!

Bruce

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Deleting Tool Paths-tool-paths-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

If you are referring to the toolpath around the perimeter of the block just use clipping planes to prevent this. Or you could define some region curves around the features you wish to machine.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)