Problem with latest (september 2017) update

Thread: Problem with latest (september 2017) update

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Problem with latest (september 2017) update

The little "update available" window popped up yesterday when I started Madcam. I declined to update immediately but ever since the pop-up appeared, Madcam stopped working. So I downloaded the update. It took many tries to get the file to download completely. For some reason it would terminate before the whole file was received. Anyway, eventually I got the whole file downloaded. After installation the problem persisted. Madcam will load up in Rhino, but after the model is selected for toolpath calculation, no Madcam layers are created

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Problem with latest (september 2017) update

I just downloaded and installed with no issues. Maybe try downloading again.

Dan

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan B View Post
    I just downloaded and installed with no issues. Maybe try downloading again.

Dan
    I have managed to download an apparently good file, 3 times and have tried multiple installations, complete un-install and re-install, Windows re-start etc. I would not ask for help if I had not made a serious effort to remedy the problem first. I should mention that I am running Windows 10.
    The present situation is that Madcam is completely non-functional and I am stuck with a job half done

Downloads
    Uploads

Windows 10 here too. The download is 20,833 kb. If that's the size of your download, then that eliminates that possibility. However, you've tried 3 times, so you probably were successful with the download. Did you exit any virus scanners or malware software before installing?
    It's odd that madCAM quit working when the prompt for the update appeared. I've never seen that happen before. Can you go back to an older release? What happens if you try to install the previous version again?

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Windows 10 here too. The download is 20,833 kb. If that's the size of your download, then that eliminates that possibility. However, you've tried 3 times, so you probably were successful with the download. Did you exit any virus scanners or malware software before installing?
    It's odd that madCAM quit working when the prompt for the update appeared. I've never seen that happen before. Can you go back to an older release? What happens if you try to install the previous version again?
    As reported by "properties", the size of my downloaded file is 21 332 152 bytes and size on disk is 21 336 064 bytes. That seems to be consistent with the claimed size of 21Mb on the Madcam site. When I run the downloaded file, it executes with the same look and feel as previous updates
    Not running any virus scanners except the Windows 10 built-in protection which has not caused any problems before.
    I have tried to go back to the previous release of Madcam ( the August release ) and that made no difference. The same symptoms are exhibited.
    Rhino seems to be working OK - just Madcam that is not working.
    I have now tried everything that I can think of except re-loading Rhino.
    I am totally mystified

Downloads
    Uploads

Just out of curiosity, what version do you have of Windows 10? I have 1511

Problem with latest (september 2017) update-2017-09-19_11-00-35-png

It was Windows updates that started this whole mess to begin with, so maybe there is still an issue there.

Thanks,

Dan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just out of curiosity, what version do you have of Windows 10? I have 1511

Problem with latest (september 2017) update-2017-09-19_11-00-35-png

It was Windows updates that started this whole mess to begin with, so maybe there is still an issue there.

Thanks,

Dan
    I am running Windows 10 Home / Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063. I have auto updates enabled so it should be up to date.
    I had a windows crash about 1 hour before this problem started, so I am starting to think that something in Rhino was damaged in the crash. It (Rhino) was running at the time of the crash.
    I have been very reluctant to re-load Rhino as this will introduce all sorts of problems. I was an early adopter of the Rhino Ver 5 upgrade and had it delivered to me on a CD. The Rhino key in the pack never worked and I had all kinds of problems getting Ver 5 to work. Took about a week to get all the problems resolved. I have put in a request to my supplier to have my package converted to the new online registered version. Waiting to hear from them now.

Downloads
    Uploads

Keeping Windows 10 up to date has been the source of all of this trouble. But it does sound like you might be on to something.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dan,
    Just to let you know.
    When the new update was first released it downloaded and install fine (Win10), however when I tried to download it again a week later on our PC/Controller PC (Win10) it failed to install even though it was a fully downloaded.
    Windows error message saying file not complete etc.
    I tried it many times with exact same issue.
    In the end I used my original download and it installed fine.
    Regards,
    Mauri.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mauri R View Post
    Dan,
    Just to let you know.
    When the new update was first released it downloaded and install fine (Win10), however when I tried to download it again a week later on our PC/Controller PC (Win10) it failed to install even though it was a fully downloaded.
    Windows error message saying file not complete etc.
    I tried it many times with exact same issue.
    In the end I used my original download and it installed fine.
    Regards,
    Mauri.
    I had the same problem. It took me about 6 tries to get the file downloaded properly. I am now sure that I have to full file as windows reports a file size exactly the same as Dan's and the installation runs properly.
    Regards
    Graham

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This problem is still not resolved.
    I have now done a full uninstall and re-install of both Rhino and Madcam and it has made no difference.
    I have also done a Windows 10 integrity scan which reports no problems.
    What now - a personal email to Madcam?

Downloads
    Uploads

That might be your next move. I suspect it's a WIndows 10 issue, but I don't know for sure. Joakim might have seen this already.

Downloads
    Uploads

This may or may not help you but....
    Some times I do not get layers showing also even on a much earlier version of windows , if I select show all layers and then reselect only layers with object , then it shows them again most times . Even when it does not show them I can still post the file and it works normally .