Need Help! madcam fails to load upon opening Rhino

Thread: madcam fails to load upon opening Rhino

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default madcam fails to load upon opening Rhino

I can't seem to find a thread that solves my problem and I'm hoping someone smarter than me can help. I recently had to scrub my computer and reinstall all of my software. I've downloaded madCAM and I didn't have any issues upon installation, however when Rhino opens I get the following message and I don't know how to fix it:

"Unable to load 5xcnc.rhp plug-in:application initialization failed"

Does anyone know what I've done wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: madcam fails to load upon opening Rhino

I have no idea what the message is but , when madcam has not loaded for me I go to .... options / plug-ins and select madcam

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I got nailed by the same issue tonight after Windows 10 updated itself. (I have to find a way to kill that gift...) To fix it, what I did was to uninstall any and all versions of Rhino I had running, and MadCam, then reinstalled both of them. Upon going to the MadCam website, they have a provisional release to deal with MadCam locking up Rhino. I had the joy of talking with Satya from Bangalore (Windows Tech support) for an hour, he wanted to wipe my pc clean - to which I bailed on, after he had ran a couple of virus scans, etc, etc. Post the install of Rhino and the MadCam update, Rhino is happy again. Yes, I have emailed MadCam, requesting that they notify their users of what will happen post the Windows 10 update... we'll see if that happens.

je

Downloads
    Uploads

There are discussions about this already. Win10 1607 causes madCAM to crash Rhino. Install the latest pre-release to fix that issue. I doubt you needed to uninstall anything. I've had it happen here on numerous systems, and the fix was simply to install the pre-release.

Dan

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)