madcam toolpath problem in X4

Thread: madcam toolpath problem in X4

Downloads
    Uploads

Default madcam toolpath problem in X4

With MadCam I try to do the attached Jesus Status , on my machine ( head table machine ) , the roughing with 14 mm from back and front was good ( txt file 1 and 2 ) , when i try to do the ( txt file no 3 ) ( in Rhino madcam is under the name " 6mmfinish " tool path ) , the machine should turn the rotation device to zero and start work but it do not do it so i rotate the wood manually through Mach3 then put the file no 3 to work , the machine just start working the file no 3 then the spindle go through the body as a hole ( shown in the JPG file ).
    link to the rhino file and the g-code txt files is https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...kY4VGl6VzE0QVE as file 1 is for top rouging 14mm , file 2 is roughing from bottom , file 3 is finish by 6mm spindle , file 4 and 5 are for 6mm working in a spicial aria . ( the problem till now is in file 3 ).

thanks
    Jeries

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: madcam toolpath problem in X4

Quote Originally Posted by jeriesfacouseh View Post
    With MadCam I try to do the attached Jesus Status , on my machine ( head table machine ) , the roughing with 14 mm from back and front was good ( txt file 1 and 2 ) , when i try to do the ( txt file no 3 ) ( in Rhino madcam is under the name " 6mmfinish " tool path ) , the machine should turn the rotation device to zero and start work but it do not do it so i rotate the wood manually through Mach3 then put the file no 3 to work , the machine just start working the file no 3 then the spindle go through the body as a hole ( shown in the JPG file ).
    link to the rhino file and the g-code txt files is https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...kY4VGl6VzE0QVE as file 1 is for top rouging 14mm , file 2 is roughing from bottom , file 3 is finish by 6mm spindle , file 4 and 5 are for 6mm working in a spicial aria . ( the problem till now is in file 3 ).

thanks
    Jeries
    Hi Jeries,
    I am not sure what your indexing angle amount is when doing the X axis cut, as that may be why your tool does not go down between the legs.
    I did a quick 4 Axis Simultaneous using the Y axis cut and it went down just fine.
    Regards,
    Mauri.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, we don't do 4-axis with madCAM so I'm not going to have anything useful to add.

Dan

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you Dan and Mauri ,

Mauri , my problem was that the spindle of the 6mm on the simulation of g-code file no3 shold not go down through the legs , but when i do it on the machine it go down and very deep so the machine do crash .
    thanks
    jeries

Quote Originally Posted by Mauri R View Post
    Hi Jeries,
    I am not sure what your indexing angle amount is when doing the X axis cut, as that may be why your tool does not go down between the legs.
    I did a quick 4 Axis Simultaneous using the Y axis cut and it went down just fine.
    Regards,
    Mauri.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you Dan and Mauri ,

Mauri , my problem was that the spindle of the 6mm on the simulation of g-code file no3 shold not go down through the legs , but when i do it on the machine it go down and very deep so the machine do crash .
    thanks
    jeries
    Jeries,
    I see your problem you have a number of Z-204.5's in your G-Code, I have no idea how you made that happen as I cannot simulate exactly what you have done to generate this incorrect G-Code.
    You need to ensure the Clipping settings on the Z is set to a lower value to stop the Z axis to your desired level (my settings as default in my test were Z-Top 51.84 and Z-Bottom -.02).
    As I do not have your toolpath I cannot could not recalculate with your 6mmfinish as per your settings.
    But mine cut just fine in both X and Y cuts.
    Regards,
    Mauri.

Downloads
    Uploads

Jeries,
    I did a simulation cut on Predator (as Joakim is still working on the 4/5 axis material removal simulation madCAM version) using my Gcode that I generated and although it did not go past the set Z in-between the legs, there were some unexplained 90 degree movements that had Z at Zero and it cut into the Job.

I have no idea why it did this, as well as I do not know why you got the Z-204 problem in your Gcode.

I never use the Parallel to X cut on 4 axis, I always use the Parallel to X cut.

Although Dan may not be cutting 4 axis he might have an explanation if not Joakim or Svenakela may enlighten us.

Regards,
    Mauri.

Downloads
    Uploads

Jeries,
    I did a simulation cut on Predator (as Joakim is still working on the 4/5 axis material removal simulation madCAM version) using my Gcode that I generated and although it did not go past the set Z in-between the legs, there were some unexplained 90 degree movements that had Z at Zero and it cut into the Job.

I have no idea why it did this, as well as I do not know why you got the Z-204 problem in your Gcode.

I never use the Parallel to X cut on 4 axis, I always use the Parallel to X cut.

Although Dan may not be cutting 4 axis he might have an explanation if not Joakim or Svenakela may enlighten us.

Regards,
    Mauri.
    Correction to above
    I never use the Parallel to X cut on 4 axis, I always use the Parallel to Y cut.
    Regards,
    Mauri.

Downloads
    Uploads

Jeries,
    This is what I get with my test using Predator CNC picture below.
    A number of A90 Degree movements with Z0 which cuts away the model.
    It is difficult to see with current madCAM simulator as it does not yet cut away the material.
    I have tried different setting but I get similar issues.
    So I cannot help you any further on this unless Joakim can test it for you with his updated madCAM program.
    You could try the Parallel to Y cut.
    Regards,
    Mauri.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails madcam toolpath problem in X4-jesus-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

do you have stray lines or curves that are not supposed to be part of your model?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by williamsmotower View Post
    do you have stray lines or curves that are not supposed to be part of your model?
    williamsmotower/Jeries,
    You are correct the issue with the mixture of STL and Rhino drawn objects.
    Selecting the Jesus STL model only produces a clean cut with no issues, example below with Z-2 set (Jesus6mm).
    Not sure what the issue with the Rhino drawn items?

I saved all object into STL .001mm Tolerance and reloaded STL and reran the cut.
    The same problem occurred, I am still not sure what is going on with this model (Jesus6mmSTL)?

I used the same model again as provided by Jeries and this time used the STL model and other Rhino parts but not the larger Cylinder ends as model selection.
    This time the model nearly cut correctly, but not at the beginning (Jesus6mmexceptEnds).

The last test I performed was not to use the end large cylinders and not the second largest cylinder near the feet.
    This produced a good model with no issues (Jesus6mmexceptEndsplusCyl).
    Not sure why this is happening, however at least this problem is solved.

I have also produced a Parallel to X cut and it worked fine as well (Jesus6mmPtoXcut).
    The red Dot in the Centre is the 6mm cutter.

I have included the Parallel to X cut GCode with 1mm cuts around the model.

Jeries I hope this helps.

Regards,
    Mauri.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails madcam toolpath problem in X4-jesus6mm-png   madcam toolpath problem in X4-jesus6mmstl-png   madcam toolpath problem in X4-jesus6mmexceptends-png   madcam toolpath problem in X4-jesus6mmexceptendspluscyl-png  

madcam toolpath problem in X4-jesus6mmptoxcut-png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

do you think that lines may do that , i dont think that there is any line but i will check again.

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Re: madcam toolpath problem in X4

Jeries,
    This is what I get with my test using Predator CNC picture below.
    A number of A90 Degree movements with Z0 which cuts away the model.
    It is difficult to see with current madCAM simulator as it does not yet cut away the material.
    I have tried different setting but I get similar issues.
    So I cannot help you any further on this unless Joakim can test it for you with his updated madCAM program.
    You could try the Parallel to Y cut.
    Regards,
    Mauri.
    Hello Mauri ,
    Thanks , but truly i dont know if i understand MadCam or not , i do a new toolpath and in the middle empty aria between the legs i draw a solid shape to close this aria and i select it with all the total shape , when i do simulation on madcam the work is great as attached video https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...29haGk4Vk5fTGM but when i generate the g-code https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...k1IcXZJY1BUUE0 i get that the Z will go about to -200 , why this happned . and the problem that Madcam dont reply to there e-mails ??
    thank you
    Jeries

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Mauri ,
    Thanks , but truly i dont know if i understand MadCam or not , i do a new toolpath and in the middle empty aria between the legs i draw a solid shape to close this aria and i select it with all the total shape , when i do simulation on madcam the work is great as attached video https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...29haGk4Vk5fTGM but when i generate the g-code https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...k1IcXZJY1BUUE0 i get that the Z will go about to -200 , why this happned . and the problem that Madcam dont reply to there e-mails ??
    thank you
    Jeries
    Jeries,
    Joakim is very busy trying to finish 5.1 and working on V6.
    The problem is with the cylinder near the feet and next to the end.
    When selecting the statue to be calculated do not highlight the end cylinders and the cylinder next the end near the feet as it causes the problem.
    The small cylinders are OK.
    If you still do not understand this, please send me an email and I will provide a detailed picture.
    Regards,
    Mauri.