Nurbs and G02/G03 comng in MadCAM!

Thread: Nurbs and G02/G03 comng in MadCAM!

Community Moderator
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Nurbs and G02/G03 comng in MadCAM!

I talked to Joakim a few days ago about a model and he told me that there will be a change in the next upcoming release of MC where the tool paths are nurbs instead of polylines. That means that the tool will be on spot, no tolerance. Or, the tolerance will be like 0.000000001...

Profiling will support lines and curves, AKA G02 and G03! Also the profiling can make helix curves so in a near future I don't have to create my threading programs with polylines, they can be created by MC directly.
    This is like a second Christmas coming up.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Nurbs and G02/G03 comng in MadCAM!

svenakela,
    This is great news.
    We are planning on machining some very detailed medallions soon, any idea when this update will be rolled out.
    Regards,
    Mauri.

Downloads
    Uploads

That's fantastic!

Can't wait to use the next release

I recently had a very simple 2D outline shape generator in Grasshopper - rectangles with rounded corners, but I couldn't believe how much G-code was generated by MadCAM for such simple shapes.
    Looking at the code more closely I realized it was just the round corners generating so much code.

I created a G-code generator directly in Grasshopper using G02 for the corners and the G-code was less than 1/100th of what it was before.

I'm very glad to know that MadCAM will be much better suited to my needs with the upcoming release!

Downloads
    Uploads

There is also a change coming up with regard to profiling. It will now be possible to do lateral stepovers when profiling, not just step downs in the Z. There are other enhancements coming but I don't want to say too much because it's not clear yet which will be in the next service release of madCAM 5 and which will be saved for madCAM 6 (which will run in Rhino 6).

Dan

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Dan,
    That is more great news.
    Joakim is listening to our needs.
    Exactly what was needed with this option, hope it is in release V5 update.
    Regards,
    Mauri.

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow. Will that ever make my life easier with lateral step overs , the only one that won't be happy is my diamond cutter supplier