Newest download of Madcam trial missing posts, tool library, machine library? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newest download of Madcam trial missing posts, tool library, machine library?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Newest download of Madcam trial missing posts, tool library, machine library?

Contact me at cncdanb@gmail.com.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Newest download of Madcam trial missing posts, tool library, machine library?

FYI (for future reference)...

This is solved. When setting up your machines, you have to press the save button to finalize the process. It's an easy step to overlook. The same could be said for the tool library. If you make a change to a tool don't forget to use that save button.

Dan

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

It is solved, with a big thanks to Dan.

But... I truly don't believe it was hitting the save button... I know I was.

I should have went through my motions while Dan was watching before he took over.

I think what was/is happening after watching Dan set up my Madcam was initially I made a shortcut on my desktop. I always just went to my shortcut. Dan went to my Start menu open programs. I go to my shortcut now, but I believe there was a software glitch within Rhino or Madcam that wasn't allowing the program to view the folders correctly right from my shortcut. I may be wrong, but if this information helps anyone in the future...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Having a similar problem. I was able to set up the post processor in the machine setup, but when I hit post the processor selection is blank with no options in the drop down menu.

Downloads
    Uploads

It's crazy, I worked with it off and on for 2 weeks, 2 different computers... Dan went in and fixed it in 2min. I want to know what I was doing wrong. It must be an order thing or something

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So I went back through everything and renamed the machine and now it seems to be working.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm having a similar problem. I uninstalled and re-installed from a fresh download with same results. Although when looking in the 5XCNC Program Data folders, all of the post processors, cutter libraries and Machines definitions are there. However, when trying to set up from the Mad CAM option inside the program, and navigating to the same folders, MC can find nothing. I have reviewed the previous posts on the subject, but cannot discern what was actually done to resolve the problem. Any help is appreciated!

Downloads
    Uploads

When you first install madCAM 5 you need to sync the machine with the cutter library and post library. Go to the options. You will see a tab called "Machine". Pick it and you will see a line near the top that says "Machine Library". Pick the browse button on the far right and select C:\ProgramData\5XCNC\madCAM\5.0\Machines. Don't go any further than just selecting that folder. Now, go to the next line "Post processor" and browse to C:\ProgramData\5XCNC\madCAM\5.0\Post Processors\ and select the post that you want associated with that machine. Now repeat for the tool library. Once you have those 3 selected SAVE THE SETTINGS using the save button above. It's also possible to just open one of the .mch files in the Machines folder and confirm that your settings are there:

Postprocessor
    C:\ProgramData\5XCNC\madCAM\5.0\Post Processors\Doosan.txt
    Tool_Library
    C:\ProgramData\5XCNC\madCAM\5.0\Cutters\Doosan\Alu minum

Now when you open the options and pick the default machine under the "General" tab your posts and tool library should be synced.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan, I did as you suggested and selected the machines folder, however as before, after navigating to the post processor folder from the machine options tab, the folder appears empty and no selection is possible. Note that when navigating to the same folder with Windows Explorer, the folder contains all of the post processors as expected. The tool lib selection has the same behavior.

As context, I have been using MadCAM successfully on my old laptop and am now attempting to get it running on a new laptop. I dont recall having these issues while doing the previous install, But I am old :-)

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm old too, that's no excuse!! :-)

If you browse to the C:\ProgramData\5XCNC\madCAM\5\Machines folder, do you see files in there with the .mch extension? There should be one for the machine type you just configured. Open it in notepad (or better yet, download Notepad++ -greatest text editor ever!!!) and look at the top lines as shown above. Do they have any information or just a question mark?

Let me know.

Dan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Dan, Just question marks:

Postprocessor
    ?
    Tool_Library
    ?
    Axis_Mode
    Rotation_Axis_1

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you sure you picked the save button? That should write those locations to that file. You could always just type them in the document if you wanted to.

Dan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Success! Typing in the paths worked. Thanks Dan!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12