problem recalculating previous toolpaths

Thread: problem recalculating previous toolpaths

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default problem recalculating previous toolpaths

Routinely, if I open an existing rhino file and then select a model and a toolpath and then ask to recalculate the pre-existing toolpath I will get an error msg: "this toolpath contains no valid search path to the cutter tool!"
    These are toolpaths that have worked just fine previously, which have been sent to post processor, and for which a tool has obviously been previously assigned.

So, I'm not sure why this happens.

Reason for wanting to do this is that I want to review the settings that I previously used in the production of a particular toolpath.

S. W.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: problem recalculating previous toolpaths

Have you set up machining templates with various tool libraries? I just tried it and it works fine for me. We will need to verify that your madCAM is set up correctly. Can you review this post and let me know if this is how you are doing it?

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/madcam...-wincnc-2.html

Look at post #17.

Thanks,

Dan

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: problem recalculating previous toolpaths

Dan,
    Thanks much! I had not set that up. Didn't even know that process was necessary. I'm guessing that will solve the problem for me.
    SW