Need Help..

Thread: Need Help..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need Help..

Hello All:

My Name is Gary..

I am using the latest versions of Rhino and Madcam and I am having some issues in processing my g-code..

I am cutting a simplr ring.

I have a 5 Axis Trunion mill.

I am using mach3 5 axis mm post prosessor. Yes, I have tried many of them and the same problem..

If I use Indexed 5 axis in Madcam and select the front then create an indexed planar finish then chose back and create a finish for the back the toolpath lookd good in rhino..

If I use Madcam's viewer it moves the ring into the corect oriantation cuts the front rotates the b axis and cuts the back.. However after posting the code it post's the initial B rotation then it will show the code. There is no second B Axis code as ocured in the viewer. There is a Z home and an A Axis but no B

I tried them as seporate files. IE Create the code for the front and all is well shows initial A and B axis.. then I do a seporate one for the back and post it. it shows the initial A Axis but no initial B axis..

ALSO. if I do one side and use 2 tools and do a cut leaving 1 MM and change tools recut it to 0. Looks good in Rhino and in Madcam Simulater. but the post doedn't show the tool change. Although it does show the code for the second tool..

I have not altered the tools or the post processor,...YET..

I sure hope someone can help me as I need this to demo a new machine for a customer..

Thanks
    Gary

Last edited by garyue; 07-26-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need Help..

I have tried to uninstall Rhino and Madcam and reinstall.. Same thing

I also tried to select front and back using cplanes but same thing..

As I said earlier in the simulater it works fine. It's just the posted code

Hope someone knows whats wrong...

Thanks Again
    Gary

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello All, I'm back with some good news..

After a pack of cigs and pulling out half my hair, Only half.. Need some for later..

I thought because the B Axis is moving 180 Deg for 1 side then the other side the B Axis would be 0, Then I had a thought that maby it took the "0" as a null and didn't post it..

So I turned the part 90 Deg and cut left then right simulated as it should. Then posted and Walla.. the B was -90 Deg and 90 Deg.. It worked..

So the thing is the 0 is important and I need to fix the Post Processor to use the 0 and not just ignore it..

Any help on this would be apriciated.. :-)

I still have the problem where once I select a cutter I can never change it.. It will let me select it and I can see proper toolpath lines in the Rhino screen but when posting there is no tool change and the Madcam report in the post dialog only says one cutter so it may be deeper than the post processor, or maby not??

Again any help would be appriciated..

Gary

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello All

Yes I am back again and this time no missing hair.. LOL..
    I guess am my own best tech guy today..

I resolved the issue with the tool not changing in the posted code..

Somewhat of an oversight on my part..

When you select a tool from the library they are all numbered "tool 1" so when you select a second tool it will be another instance of tool 1 and the post will disregard the tool change..

What you have to do is give the tool a new tool number "AND SAVE THE CUTTER" as the post processor only reads saved tool info from the lib..

Other cam software I have used auto updated the tool number and the name made it spicific.. Not in Madcam.. What I will do is make my custom tools now and number them in Madcam and save them bt tool number in an organizer..

Still love to know how to make the post give me a B Axis 0. Which makes me wonder if the A could do the same thing??

Gary

Community Moderator
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tools should be unique so yes, you need to re-save the edited tool.

Can't help you with the 5 axis problem right now. Travelling light.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello:

Regarding the A or B Axis not moving when doing indexed machining when it's suposed to go to a "0" but doesn't post that code..

I got the official fix for this from Joakim .. It's just adding some code to the post processor.

Add this code before *PROGRAM_START*

*FIRST_MOVE*
    G01 "zhome"
    G01 "azero"
    G01 "bzero"
    *END_SECTION*

Thats all there is to it.. Tested and works great..

GaryD

Downloads
    Uploads

So is everything good now? That's a lot of reading, so I'm not sure if there is still an issue here.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

HI Dan..

All is well, Thank You

Gary