CNC Router Mach3 Problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNC Router Mach3 Problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking CNC Router Mach3 Problem

Hello gentleman/ladies!

I am having an issue with a CNC Router and would really appreaciate some guidance if possible.

Long story short, I bought an used JInan CNC Router 5' x 4' (chinese) which had a configuration problem (in my opinion). The problem is when all cables from the drivers are connected to the CNC machine and I try to jog on Mach 3, only 1 axis moves - which is the "X". I have tried removing the cable off the "X" and plugging it to "Y" and "Z" and ALL axis on the machine do move when I jog in Mach3 - meaning the machine is working. However when I try to jog those axis that do not work, I see the coordinates move in the Mach3 Software but not on the machine.

Please take a look at the video I made in regards to the problem I have:

I will attach the following drawings for reference:
    - a picture of the machine I purchased.
    - a really bad diagram sketch of the electric connections between the breakout board and drives (hopefully some of you understand it LOL).
    - a picture of the breakout board my setup has,
    - my setup in Mach3

Thanks for reading!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC Router Mach3 Problem-cnc-picture-jpg   CNC Router Mach3 Problem-cnc-electric-diagram-jpeg-jpg   CNC Router Mach3 Problem-cnc-breakout-board-jpeg-jpg   CNC Router Mach3 Problem-cnc-mach3-1-jpeg-jpg  

CNC Router Mach3 Problem-cnc-mach3-2-jpeg-jpg   CNC Router Mach3 Problem-cnc-mach3-3-jpeg-jpg   CNC Router Mach3 Problem-cnc-mach3-4-jpeg-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Re: CNC Router Mach3 Problem

Are the Y and Z axis motors locking up when power is applied to the corresponding drives?

Welcome to the Zone!

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Router Mach3 Problem

When you say you removed the cable what are you referring to IE removed the cable from the stepper motor or removed the cable from the stepper drive or removed the cable from the breakout board?

You must give accurate detailed information and post additional images so that we can help you.

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you upload here also your MACH3MILL .XML file? are you using the parallel port? or the USB? i`ll try to load your .XML file here in my mach 3 so that I can take a glance on all the settings that you set. by the way it`s located in c://mach3 folder, copy the mach3mill .xml file, zip it then upload it here

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you using three different drivers? That wiring diagram is very confusing and messy. You must draw straight lines. My eyes gets crossed trying to follow that messy diagram... Have you looked at the driver documentation? If X and A are working and when you connect the Y and Z motors to the X drivers then they are working also in that case maybe those Y and Z drivers are incorrectly configured or incorrectly wired. I have the DQ542MA drivers, but never used any of the other two. In my opinion it is not a good idea to mix drivers, so I'd buy two more DQ542MA drivers and would get rid of the others.

Another thing... in my opinion A and X should NOT share output, they should use their own stepper output otherwise you will not be able to slave and square the machine since both stepper will simultaneously receive step and dir pulses.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No, Y and Z do not lock up when power is applied... I removed the cable from the X drive to the stepper motor and tried connecting it to the Y stepper motor and Z stepper motor (and both axis do work when I do this).

Thanks!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok I will do this later on the day. Thank you!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    Are you using three different drivers? That wiring diagram is very confusing and messy. You must draw straight lines. My eyes gets crossed trying to follow that messy diagram... Have you looked at the driver documentation? If X and A are working and when you connect the Y and Z motors to the X drivers then they are working also in that case maybe those Y and Z drivers are incorrectly configured or incorrectly wired. I have the DQ542MA drivers, but never used any of the other two. In my opinion it is not a good idea to mix drivers, so I'd buy two more DQ542MA drivers and would get rid of the others.

Another thing... in my opinion A and X should NOT share output, they should use their own stepper output otherwise you will not be able to slave and square the machine since both stepper will simultaneously receive step and dir pulses.

Yes they seem to be different drives (I will keep in mind is not good using different drives, I will buy some online since they are cheap). I will try to make a better drawing once I have some free time. I do believe the Y and Z drivers are incorrectly configured (I have the same connections as the X drive - which works), however I am not sure where the error in the configuration is.

I am thinking of the removing the A axis and just using 1 power supply for X, Y and Z. I can do this correct?

Thanks for your input!

Downloads
    Uploads

Disconnect the enable wires from the offending axis drives and check to see if the corresponding motors lock up.

Jeff...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post

Disconnect the enable wires from the offending axis drives and check to see if the corresponding motors lock up.

Jeff...
    Ok, I will remove the cable connected to EN+/- for the Z and Y drive and see what happens. If the motor locks up, what would that mean?

Regards,

Downloads
    Uploads

On some stepper drives the enable circuit is inverted, if the motors lock up you may have motion and not need to make any additional changes.

Jeff...

Quote Originally Posted by A-Mayorga View Post
    Ok, I will remove the cable connected to EN+/- for the Z and Y drive and see what happens. If the motor locks up, what would that mean?

Regards,

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

On some stepper drives the enable circuit is inverted, if the motors lock up you may have motion and not need to make any additional changes.

Jeff...

Ok I will try, I hope that's my problem lol. Did you have a chance to look at the Mach3 settings I have posted? anything I might need to change?

Downloads
    Uploads

Make only one change at a time then test, remember everything is LOGIC.

Ok I will try, I hope that's my problem lol. Did you have a chance to look at the Mach3 settings I have posted? anything I might need to change?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Make only one change at a time then test, remember everything is LOGIC.
    I tried removing the cables connected to Enable and still no luck. I think I might just re connect everything to 1 power supply and get rid of the A axis since I wont be using it anytime soon unless there is anything else I can try

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by KH0UJ View Post
    Can you upload here also your MACH3MILL .XML file? are you using the parallel port? or the USB? i`ll try to load your .XML file here in my mach 3 so that I can take a glance on all the settings that you set. by the way it`s located in c://mach3 folder, copy the mach3mill .xml file, zip it then upload it here
    Hey here is my XML file. Do you think I could be having problems for having the Demo version of the software? Anyways, let me know what you think about the configuration I got.

Regards

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Please post some images showing the stepper drives with the wiring visible.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Please post some images showing the stepper drives with the wiring visible.
    I will be fixing my wiring diagram tonight

Downloads
    Uploads

The xml file would not have an effect on whether the motors lockup or not as long as the enable wires are disconnected from the drives.

Hey here is my XML file. Do you think I could be having problems for having the Demo version of the software? Anyways, let me know what you think about the configuration I got.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

I will be fixing my wiring diagram tonight
    Images have nothing to do with your wiring diagram. Post some images of the drives as they are wired.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Images have nothing to do with your wiring diagram. Post some images of the drives as they are wired.
    I am fixing the diagram I posted first - it includes how ALL drives are wired to the power supply and one another. I have gone one connection at the time making sure is well connected together and there is no loose cables.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast