CNC Router Mach3 Problem - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CNC Router Mach3 Problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Router Mach3 Problem

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Images have nothing to do with your wiring diagram. Post some images of the drives as they are wired.
    Let me know if this better than the one I first posted.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Images have nothing to do with your wiring diagram. Post some images of the drives as they are wired.

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Downloads
    Uploads

If you do not want to post images someone else here will have to help you.

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you do not want to post images someone else here will have to help you.
    I just dont have the machine at my location so I will have to take some pictures tomorrow. If you dont mind me asking, how come you want actual images of the drives' connections? I am showing every connection in the drawing. Anyways, I will post some images tomorrow because I do need the help LOL

Downloads
    Uploads

There is either something wrong with the way the drives are wired to the power source and or the motors. If the drives and motors are configured correctly the motors will lockup.

Mach3 does not have to be running in order for the motors to lock up.

We have configured hundreds upon hundreds of CNC systems and there is a logical method to troubleshooting.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

There is either something wrong with the way the drives are wired to the power source and or the motors. If the drives and motors are configured correctly the motors will lockup.

Mach3 does not have to be running in order for the motors to lock up.

We have configured hundreds upon hundreds of CNC systems and there is a logical method to troubleshooting.
    Ohh okay I see, what exactly do you mean by locking up? maybe my definition of "locking up" is wrong

As for the pictures... do you want me to take close-up pictures of the drives and power supply connections? wouldn't it be a bit hard to see exactly where each cable starts and ends?

Also, could there be something wrong with my motors although all of them seem to work when connected to the X-axis drive?

Downloads
    Uploads

If all the motors work when connected to the X drive then the motors are good.

If a motor is connected to a drive that is even partially functioning and with the power applied the motor shaft will lockup and be very difficult to turn by hand, you will feel pronounced firm detents if you apply sufficient rotating force.

Post pictures that we can follow and be at the location of the machine when you are requesting additional help. The "what if" "he said" "she said" "guessing" is a waste of valuable life energy.

Have a most awesome evening!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If all the motors work when connected to the X drive then the motors are good.

If a motor is connected to a drive that is even partially functioning and with the power applied the motor shaft will lockup and be very difficult to turn by hand, you will feel pronounced firm detents if you apply sufficient rotating force.

Post pictures that we can follow and be at the location of the machine when you are requesting additional help. The "what if" "he said" "she said" "guessing" is a waste of valuable life energy.

Have a most awesome evening!
    Ok so I took the pictures and made a video detailing exactly what is wrong with my machine.

What is wrong with my machine:

Pictures of all the drives and how they are connected will be attached with this post.

If with the pictures and drawing is not clear enough, could you please guide me in the correct way of connecting 3 drives (X, Y, and Z - all model: DQ542MA) to a power supply (model: S-350-36)? I'm thinking of reconnecting everything the correct way and also getting rid of the A axis if possible...

Thank you for your help

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC Router Mach3 Problem-x-axis-drive-jpg   CNC Router Mach3 Problem-y-axis-drive-jpg   CNC Router Mach3 Problem-z-axis-drive-jpg   CNC Router Mach3 Problem-axis-drive-jpg  

CNC Router Mach3 Problem-breakout-board-jpg   CNC Router Mach3 Problem-cnc-circuit-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

HERE WE GO AGAIN, with the power to the stepper drives turned on ARE ANY OF THE MOTORS THAT ARE NOT JOGGING LOCKING UP????

You may have destroyed several of your stepper drives by disconnecting and reconnecting the motors with the power on!

Last edited by jalessi; 01-20-2018 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Added detailed information

Downloads
    Uploads

If you do not want to answer my questions or follow my suggestions, please ask someone else to help you.

Downloads
    Uploads

With the power to the stepper drives turned on and the enable wires disconnected will any of the motors that do not jog lockup?

enable wires disconnected

will any of the motors that do not jog lockup?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

With the power to the stepper drives turned on and the enable wires disconnected will any of the motors that do not jog lockup?

No they do not lock up with the enable wires disconnected

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, are the green lights displayed when power is applied to the offending axis drives?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, are the green lights displayed when power is applied to the offending axis drives?
    No green light when power is applied (enable wires still disconnected)

Downloads
    Uploads

The stepper drive is not seeing power. If there are no broken power feed wires or a bad power supply the stepper drive is unfortunately damaged.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12