I need some adviceA while back I bought a 1985 Jet tool and cutter grinder. The machine had never actually been used but I am tearing it down and repacking all the bearings. The mechanism to adjust the grinding wheel roll angle consists of a seven inch long by 2.5 inch diameter shaft that rotates in a cast iron casting. It has a bolt that tighten down on a couple brass pieces to set the angle. The problem is that the shaft was frozen and would not turn. I had to press it out. The shaft would not fit back into the casting even after I cleaned and lubricated both pieces. So I think I need to reduce the diameter enough for a proper slip fit. Considering that it originally did fit in there (extremely tightly), how much do you think I would need to reduce the diameter for a slip fit? Also what would be the best way to accomplish that? Maybe lathe filing or spinning it sanding with sand paper? I tried mounting it in my lathe but the best I could line it up had about 3 mil run out. I'm afraid the minimum amount I would end up taking off in the lathe would be five to six mils and I don't want to take off too much and ruin the part.