Help with 3020T CNC using Planet-cnc parts

Thread: Help with 3020T CNC using Planet-cnc parts

wisconsinjimmy

Default Help with 3020T CNC using Planet-cnc parts

Hello,
    I am trying to get some help on setting up my china cnc it is a 3020T model and after doing research after the sale I have come to find out that what I bought was a cnc with pirated software and cloned boards.
    To make things right I have given the factory boards the toss and have purchased the following items from Planet-CNC;
    Output board
    CNC USB controller Mk3/4 (4 axis)
    CNC USB controller license
    Adapter with optocoupler
    MotorDriver 2.5A - 32 x4
    PowerSupply 24V/100W
    PowerSupply 12V/15W
    I am thinking about purchasing the following;
    Enclosure 344 - baremetal
    Adapter for SD card
    I have an AUTEX pendant WIXHC but this one is USB so the Planet-CNC board will not work.
    I will use the hardware that came with the cnc controller to hook up the motors etc. What I need is someone to tell me if I have what I need to get this CNC up and running.
    Regards
    Jim

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with 3020T CNC using Planet-cnc parts

Well, until you connect the bits and pieces you now have you won't know what more you need.

I'd put the pendant thingy on the back burner for now and just run with the computer under Mach 3, version 3.043.062 down loaded from their site with some home brew G code to get things moving.

I think it's pretty simple for the 3020 type machine provided you have the good stuff from a reputable dealer that you can bounce back to if you have problems.

I'm a noob at CNC but the basics are...... a controller....power supply .....breakout board.....stepper motor drivers ......computer, 1 gig ram and a small hard drive.....Mach 3.

I would use a dedicated computer....Win XP is OK.... that has nothing but the op system....not even an anti virus program and no internet access.....bare bones etc.

Compile all your hand written G code programs in Notepad on your desktop computer and save them to a USB flash drive.......that will get you going until you invest in some carving software and start flying........DON'T USE BORROWED PROGRAMS THAT COULD CONTAIN A VIRUS.

I think the only problem people had at start up with the 3020 and 3040 type CNC router was that they used the supplied Mach 3 software (pirated copies?) instead of down loading direct from the Artsoft site.
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well a stock china (clone) drive controllers aint so bad, right now in the shop were adding another 2 units of CNC 3020, stock all the way to help with the massive production demand overseas, I only used the stock parts all the way but with some modifications of course, (bigger wiring harness, drive controller cooling remedy, elimination of the limit switches, etc) right now were operating 5 CNC units simultaneously, noise level is increasing, I think I need to use ear plugs now, it`s pretty annoying sound of the machines working.

wisconsinjimmy

+I have purchased a new controller from Planet-CNC and am in the process of putting the cont together not in a big hurry got more time than sense, I cannot see anything wrong with the machine just the electronics and all I am going to do is cut wood for the wife's suncatchers. I hate the scroll saw it is tedious work very slow and I am hoping the machine will be a tad neater, well time to hit the hay yall have a good day.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i know a company who can help you i think, if it's ok, i will introduce to you.

wisconsinjimmy

what can it hurt ok

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds good.....practically all our stuff originates from China anyway, so why not straight from the horses mouth.
    Ian.

wisconsinjimmy

Gentleman I have now completed the controller build from Planet-CNC and when I turn it on I get all kinds of lights but no action on the machine. Is there a certain sequence or should I say a specific outlet on the controller for each of the axis, I am using the four pin circular connectors that came with the CNC also the spindle only has two pins any ideas?