Coolant Shenanigans

Thread: Coolant Shenanigans

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Coolant Shenanigans

Start this out as I am new to this forum, Hopefully this is the right place for this.

So we have 2 Mazak Quick turns, one with hyd. fluid and the other W/O. We also have a HAAS VF2 and VF4. Along with 2 manual lathes, 2 manual mills, and 1 Trak V7. Also have WF Wells saw.

We currently use SAF-T-COOL 475. Out of all the coolants we have tried it has been the only one that hasn't stunk horridly. However due to private company issues we can no longer buy from them.

I need a coolant that will be good for milling, turning, tapping, drilling, ect. Everything including sawing.

Here are the brands I have access to;

ASTRO-CUT
    TRIM
    RUSTLICK
    CASTROL
    MONROE
    STARCHEM

I would like a few different options as im not exactly sure what we will end up going with.

Follow this link, if some one wouldn't mind; and tell me out of these products which would work best for us. WE MUST ORDER FROM THIS SITE.

https://www.travers.com/synthetic-lu...lant/c/298086/

I have been trying to do my research and I want some more opinions from other shops out there.

Thank you all for your time!