Hello, I have been a lurker on this site for some time when i was with another company, and always found great info here... Im in business for myself now and I need some feedback, please.

I am a small scale metal fabrication shop, and I have ZERO experience with CNC programing......, I can make anything i want on our manual lathe, so i know my way around the machine... but i need to get this process somewhat automated . We have been getting all of our CNC turned parts from an outside source for some time now, but they are causing us huge delays lately, and I am thinking we need to take the plunge and buy a CNC lathe for ourselves to get started with...

Im looking for a small scale CNC lathe, and my main obstacle is that i prefer it to run from 220v single phase power, but can run a phase converter if needed probably.

Im turning mostly DOM tube steel, and 1.25"OD 4140 Chromo solid rod.\

Im honestly new at the whole concept.... but from google searching all i can seem to come up with as a turn key CNC package with turret that is new, would be the Tormach stuff...

Is there others to consider? The tormach seems appealing because it has the conversational CNC, but im sure there is a DXF conversion program that i could use to load most of my simple drawings into for this, so its not a must.

Is there any recommendations that anyone has experience with?

Thanks greatly for the help!