Using Rotary Attachment

Thread: Using Rotary Attachment

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Using Rotary Attachment

I have a JD3050 machine and use RD Works V8 software. I have started utilising the rotary attachment, which allows cylindrical objects to be engraved.
    My problem is, that once the job is completed, the laser head wants to return to an x axis position past the rotary chuck and ends up hitting it, and becoming misaligned. I can't rotate the rotary attachment 180 deg as the y axis cable isn't long enough.
    Is their a setting in RD Works V8 that stops the laser head once the work is completed rather than returning to it's origin?

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Using Rotary Attachment

Returning to origin, or home? Rdworks doesn't control that from what I've really seem, but is set by your controller. You could try had editing the post NC file and see if there's a g0x0y0 and remove it. I'm not sure why you would be colliding on a return to origin tho... Unless your object being engraved had a protrusion like a handle or something.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Using Rotary Attachment

Maybe make a longer Y cable so you can rotate 180?